2020 or wait for 2021?

I'm about to close a deal trading my current truck for a new RST. Im happy with the trade offer on my truck and im happy with the price of the new truck. 

Im wondering if i should wait until the 2021 comes out to have the newest model with a possibly redesign or get the 2020 and kind of be a year behind? Will there actually be a redesign on the 2021? 

Unsure but that's possible to get better rebates, for sure. The possibility of the trade in values drop as well go along with that. Trades are up because the lack of vehicles, now they are being produced and delivered, the used demand may not be as high? It may stay the same for a while though, really tough to say.

I had the same debate and ended up with a 2020 this weekend. The only difference for the 2021 is wireless Carplay/Android Auto. 2020 have rebates plus higher trade in values. But trade ins are already starting to go down since inventories are climbing again so I would buy now and not wait til later. 

The value of your current truck will be less and the cost of a new truck will be higher in 2021. The truck build function is not even enabled yet for the 2021 trucks.

That said, I sold my 2011 Duramax a few weeks ago and planned to buy a 2020 1500 pickup but with the coronavirus out of control in the United States thanks to orange man, and the economy trashed as a result, I am postponing any major purchases until next 2021 at the earliest. 

• Like 1

On 9/8/2020 at 11:59 AM, vette10r said:

Any idea when the 21 will hit dealers? I'm curious how it will affect pricing of 2020s and if it will be worth waiting to buy the 2020 to save some cash?

2021 starts production Monday 9/14.  Its probably 3-5 weeks before they hit lots. 

Edited by newdude

If you want the new interior, you'll have to wait until 2022. 

Your trade won't be as much then.

Used truck prices are bonkers right now.  It's why I am considering selling my 2019 RST.

If you want the new interior, you'll have to wait until 2022. 
Your trade won't be as much then.
Used truck prices are bonkers right now.  It's why I am considering selling my 2019 RST.
I am wanting a 2022 denali hd dmax or gmc hummer ev.... i have a 2012 denali hd dmax and less than 26k on the odo.. dont have another vehicle to drive so I will have to wait...

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

2021s are hitting the lots now. There isn’t any decent rebates on them though.  There isn’t much of a difference with the 21’s. The 22’s get an all new interior and a refreshed exterior. If you want a 20 wait till December bc Chevrolet will offer employee pricing for everyone. There are more packages available for lower trims for the 21 model year like the safety package, power up and down tailgate and later this year the multi pro tailgate.  As some one else mentioned wireless CarPlay and Android are available on the LT and up. Unfortunately wireless charging is only available on the LTZ and High Country thus making the wireless CarPlay and Android feature useless to me. You can add wireless charging if your a diy person. I can also tell you that many people are having problems with the wireless CarPlay and Android Auto in the 21 Tahoe’s. Their phone keep disconnecting. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
If you sell private party you won't have to worry about trade-in value which is always crap regardless.
Unless the tax incentives.... if you sell private party you have to claim as income. Trade it in, comes off the cost of the vehicle for tax.... at least in az.... 40new truck 10 for your old now only paying tax on 30... since you already paid the tax on the vehicle the first time. Az has high tax on vehicles and tags....

On 12/31/2020 at 11:22 AM, 48548 said:

Unless the tax incentives.... if you sell private party you have to claim as income. Trade it in, comes off the cost of the vehicle for tax.... at least in az.... 40new truck 10 for your old now only paying tax on 30... since you already paid the tax on the vehicle the first time. Az has high tax on vehicles and tags....

Right ?