2020 Tail light upgrade

Hey guys,

I have a 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 recently bought spyder aftermarket headlights. Having trouble removing the (pigtail connector) from GM. I’ll attached photos. For the life of me I cannot remove the connection due to fat hands and the location of the connection. 

Has any one upgrade their halogen Oem tailLights to led aftermarket. 

Part # (Removed) 84752979

any help is Greatly appreciate 

795B77C5-858C-4580-AEB0-D1E853DB656D.jpeg

52BBE640-A274-4D12-AC57-1CF7A2CDB5CE.jpeg

145861E0-B595-45A5-973A-05273118E483.jpeg

BD19807B-742C-4099-BA3C-ECEA36E69714.jpeg

Agreed, push the red pin forward, or possibly back, then push the black tab down and pull.  It like the MAF sensor tab on the intake. Had to push up on that, then push tab in and it came right out.  Good luck 

3 minutes ago, ChevyMyers said:

Thanks for your reply man, these absolutely no way I can push that tab down hole to narrow for my hand and at a hard angle  for any tools

If I had a child’s hand then maybe lol

A31E84D1-C564-4DAA-82D7-19A96AC7CAA3.jpeg

Try getting a flathead screw driver and pushing the red tab towards the truck. Then use it to push in on the black tab.  See if that helps.  I know, my father is a mechanic, and he says its getting harder every year to work on these trucks.  My mom had an older Traverse and to remove the head light bulb was a nightmare!

Smh update**** I dropped one of two connections from the new tail light down, and connected it underneath the bed. And bam lights came on .....

So I may have been spinning my wheels on trying to remove that connection, however now there’s one “exposed” connection just sitting there behind the tail light

All lights are working 

5FBE8E6E-65D0-4747-BB8C-E1EC31618E3C.jpeg

521B1581-9FD2-4A20-A62B-FE43DDCE5AE7.jpeg

If you're unable to get your hands in there to pull the red tab to you try using a small screwdriver.  Then squeeze the black tab at the wire end of the plug.  Needle nose pliers may help here.  You appear to be showing the rear of the bed lights, so if you are still unable to unplug the light try removing the light first.

2 minutes ago, kioolt said:

If you're unable to get your hands in there to pull the red tab to you try using a small screwdriver.  Then squeeze the black tab at the wire end of the plug.  Needle nose pliers may help here.  You appear to be showing the rear of the bed lights, so if you are still unable to unplug the light try removing the light first.

You’re absolutely correct, the connection is installed on the bed cargo lights. I I tried to remove the cargo light with a plastic pry, However I stopped when I heard a cracking sound. 

Since the lights are working now with only one connection I’m going to assume this connection does not need to be removed, and is not needed due to the factory harness still being installed. 

I need to contact the company and verify though. 

Thanks for your reply!

2 hours ago, 14 Silvy said:

Good looking ride any more info and pics?

Sent from my SM-

2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 Texas edition

Havana brown metallic

Mcgaughys 7-10 inch lift (Set at 10)

37x13.5x26 AMP M/T

26x14 Hard-core off-road Rims

vinyl wrap grille “color matched”

Straight pipe muffler delete 

Edited by ChevyMyers

2nd update**

Although the tail lights are now working correctly, I’ve lost the bed cargo, which alludes to that god awful connection is needed? so I will have to pull the cargo light off......

Any ideas how to remove it with out breaking the damn light???????

ive tried the pry method and I swear it will break in half lol

4DFF1CA9-A0D4-4007-944F-7393DAA1AA66.jpeg

Have you tried using a charge card to slide on the side of it to pop it lose?  I would think a big flathead screwdriver also would work. I would think it has a clamp on top and bottom that holds it in. 

Btw. First picture looked black. I’m digging the brown color. Guy on forum has GMC that color. Very unique.  Nice choice

Edited by TNTSilverado