2020 Tail light upgrade

41 minutes ago, ChevyMyers said:

2nd update**

Although the tail lights are now working correctly, I’ve lost the bed cargo, which alludes to that god awful connection is needed? so I will have to pull the cargo light off......

Any ideas how to remove it with out breaking the damn light???????

ive tried the pry method and I swear it will break in half lol

Pop the lamp out.  Take a plastic trim tool and slide it up under the bottom of the cargo lamp to release pressure on the retainer on the lamp.  Then you will be able to unlock the red tab and then push the tab right under the red lock to release the connector.    

Edited by newdude

31 minutes ago, newdude said:

Pop the lamp out.  Take a plastic trim tool and slide it up under the bottom of the cargo lamp to release pressure on the retainer on the lamp.  Then you will be able to unlock the red tab and then push the tab right under the red lock to release the connector.    

Thank you!!!! I’ll try this 

What do you have planned for your "build"? So far a bolt on lift kit and wheels, are there some build plans coming with some fabrication and working together of parts? 

Speaking of wheels, I don't think I have ever seen wheels with such a misnomer name, those are about as far from "hard-core off-road" as you can get with out a Bugatti emblem on them. Like having a maltese named killer...

Tyler

Edited by amxguy1970