Factory all weather mats...how are they?

gr8almty1

We will see after this winter, I liked my Huskys I had in my ‘17 and I have a set for the new truck in the garage but I’m going to see how they last. For the most part they look the same as the Husky liners I bought not knowing the damn truck came with all weather mats. 

GM floor liners > Weathertech and Husky.  

I had Weathertech in my 2015 HD and in my 2012 extended cab.  The driver side held in place fine, the passenger side didn't come with the Weathertech provided anchors at the time and would never stay in place.  They were smooth on the bottom too, no little rubber nibs to grip the carpet.  

I had the GM liners in my Colorado and now in my 2019 old body Silverado.  Much better mats.  The rear being a two piece doesn't even bother me as it covers the floor more properly than the Weathertechs did.  And the GM ones have the little nibs that hold the mats in place, no need to install extra anchors anywhere.  Driver side has the same style anchors as the factory regular mats that just snap in place.  

Edited by newdude
  • Like 1

Thanks for all your feedback!

Any chance you guys have the spray in liner and save me from asking in another post? I have linex premium which is much better than standard linex. Doesn’t fade at all which is what I need here in AZ. How are the factory spray in liners?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, gr8almty1 said:

Had the spray in liner on my 19 but the 20 I just picked up didn't have it so i'm getting one sprayed in on wednesday.

I was very happy with the GM liner, but since they are fairly new, time will tell. Linex premium is excellent as well.

1 minute ago, gr8almty1 said:

Thanks for all your feedback!

Any chance you guys have the spray in liner and save me from asking in another post? I have linex premium which is much better than standard linex. Doesn’t fade at all which is what I need here in AZ. How are the factory spray in liners?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have both GM floor mats and Line X ultra. Can't say enough positives about both.  Floor mats are awesome and super easy to take out and wash and they cover all carpeted surfaces.  Line X is right up there with the best money I ever spent as well. The ultra or premium I think they call it now is only $100 more and gives you fade protection.  Going on three years now and still looks brand new and has gotten plenty of use. 

7 hours ago, newdude said:

GM floor liners > Weathertech and Husky.  

I had Weathertech in my 2015 HD and in my 2012 extended cab.  The driver side held in place fine, the passenger side didn't come with the Weathertech provided anchors at the time and would never stay in place.  They were smooth on the bottom too, no little rubber nibs to grip the carpet.  

I had the GM liners in my Colorado and now in my 2019 old body Silverado.  Much better mats.  The rear being a two piece doesn't even bother me as it covers the floor more properly than the Weathertechs did.  And the GM ones have the little nibs that hold the mats in place, no need to install extra anchors anywhere.  Driver side has the same style anchors as the factory regular mats that just snap in place.  

THIS ^^^^^. I to had Weathertechs in my 14 as stated the passenger side slid around. I switched to Husky in my 16 they were great. The 20 I have leased came with the factory GM. I did not like the fit at first but since they have worn in they are not bad at all.

Great! I just got a set for my 2020 Silverado. Very good fit and quality. I also used a 15% coupon. Very fast delivery. Unfortunately I couldn't save shipping costs by picking it up locally because the closest dealer was not an option for purchase.

I'll echo the consensus here.  The OEM mats are excellent.  Good fit and finish and high quality.  I've had WeatherTech in many vehicles and these are as good or better.  And you can get 15% off and free shipping if you pick up at dealer.  

On a side note........what's not worth the $$ are the dealer add-ons like window tint ($299), pin striping and door edge guards ($599) and $89 for nitrogen filled tires!  But I've seen other dealers charge much more.  I haggled over these items that had already been done.    

I have both the GM all-weather liners and the factory spray in. No complaints with either. 

Granted, I have a tonneau and my truck is garage kept, so the liner doesn't get the sun exposure yours might.