Factory all weather mats...how are they?

gr8almty1

I cant say enough regarding how much better the GM floor mats are than the crappy WeatherTechs.  The edges of the WT's fold up over time and the lips roll up allowing all kinds of stuff to get between the floor mats and the carpet.  Complete and utter GARBAGE in my opinion.  The GM ones are thicker, more robust, and hold their shape much better.  I have the Z71 mats and they have completely shattered the possibility that I will ever go back to Weathertech mats.

• Like 2

I have a 2500, but I’d imagine the mats are the same for the most part.  These fit much better than WT’s and Husky, and look better.  However, I will say they scratch very easily.  I have a 60lb dog, and the rear is all scratched up.  Other than that, I still prefer them over the WT’s I’ve had in numerous trucks (but they never got scuffed as bad).

I have had 4 sets of GM all weather mats and I can say they are thicker, more durable, heavier, and have lasted longer than the weather techs in my wife’s terrain. The weather techs sides fold over a bit, are thinner, and haven’t held help as well as the GM ones. Heck after a month the weather tech badge decal came of the mat. 

4 hours ago, LowCountryDenali said:

I'll echo the consensus here.  The OEM mats are excellent.  Good fit and finish and high quality.  I've had WeatherTech in many vehicles and these are as good or better.  And you can get 15% off and free shipping if you pick up at dealer.  

On a side note........what's not worth the $$ are the dealer add-ons like window tint ($299), pin striping and door edge guards ($599) and $89 for nitrogen filled tires!  But I've seen other dealers charge much more.  I haggled over these items that had already been done.    

I hear ya there---My Dealer installed Black Out kit, Tint, chrome/black steps, nitrogen and marked the truck up $3999!!!!!

I actually really don't care for the all weather mats for this generation of trucks. They were great on my 2017 (except for the cutout under the gas pedal), but these ones miss the mark. I thought I was getting a good deal by getting 15% off from the GM Accessories website, but I promptly returned them.

1. The fit was extremely poor. The foot rest for the driver side had a comically large gap. And yes, I let them sit in the sun to warm up a bit before installing.

2. If you have the underseat storage box, you have to cut the mats to make them fit. This is by design. Really, GM?

3. Inadequate coverage. On my 2017 the mats covered the silver runner (I'm not sure what they're called), which was great as it prevented the carpet from getting dirty.

I haven't tried the weathertechs, but I did order some MAXLINER mats and they are absolutely fantastic.

19 minutes ago, loopbacksean said:

I actually really don't care for the all weather mats for this generation of trucks. They were great on my 2017 (except for the cutout under the gas pedal), but these ones miss the mark. I thought I was getting a good deal by getting 15% off from the GM Accessories website, but I promptly returned them.

1. The fit was extremely poor. The foot rest for the driver side had a comically large gap. And yes, I let them sit in the sun to warm up a bit before installing.

2. If you have the underseat storage box, you have to cut the mats to make them fit. This is by design. Really, GM?

3. Inadequate coverage. On my 2017 the mats covered the silver runner (I'm not sure what they're called), which was great as it prevented the carpet from getting dirty.

I haven't tried the weathertechs, but I did order some MAXLINER mats and they are absolutely fantastic.

If I remember correctly, I didn't have to on mine.  In both front and rear, I have to two pieces that connect together to form a single piece.

16 hours ago, reardiff said:

I have both GM floor mats and Line X ultra. Can't say enough positives about both.  Floor mats are awesome and super easy to take out and wash and they cover all carpeted surfaces.  Line X is right up there with the best money I ever spent as well. The ultra or premium I think they call it now is only $100 more and gives you fade protection.  Going on three years now and still looks brand new and has gotten plenty of use. 

Have both, Agree with both statements

3 hours ago, Ed/2020RST said:

I hear ya there---My Dealer installed Black Out kit, Tint, chrome/black steps, nitrogen and marked the truck up $3999!!!!!

Wow.  That's highway robbery!  I whined about the almost $1k they tacked onto my cost.  Ended up getting floor mats and hitch ball assembly at n/c.  

3 hours ago, loopbacksean said:

I have none of those issues you mentioned with mine on my '19.. Maybe you got a blem or defective set.

Mine came with my truck. 
Pros:

-easy to clean up dog hair from my shedding german shepherd dog.

-protect the interior better than weather tech or the OEM mats in my wrangler.

-fits absolutely perfect in my Sierra.

Cons:

-hard plastic material that scratches very easily. (my dog has scratched up the mats when he jumps in.)

also got the weather tech rear seat protector and door guards and keeps the interior perfect underneath.

On 9/14/2020 at 9:31 AM, Gangly said:

I cant say enough regarding how much better the GM floor mats are than the crappy WeatherTechs.  The edges of the WT's fold up over time and the lips roll up allowing all kinds of stuff to get between the floor mats and the carpet.  Complete and utter GARBAGE in my opinion.  The GM ones are thicker, more robust, and hold their shape much better.  I have the Z71 mats and they have completely shattered the possibility that I will ever go back to Weathertech mats.

I won't by WeatherTech again, has the same issue with edges rolling up and collecting garbage under neat when having them in my last two vehicles.  I bought Husky this time, great fit and look to be good quality.  A little more coverage than the stock AT4 liners but really, I could have saved the money and been fine with the GM liners.  They appear to be very high quality pieces.