Anybody Miss their K2?

Imcrazy

Looking at going from my 2016Silverado 1500 LT Double Cab 5.3 4x4 to a 2020 Silverado 1500 RST Crew Cab 5.3 Z71 4x4..

Anybody who upgraded to a T1XX miss their K2? If so what do you miss? I THINK i might miss the adjustable pedals I have on mine as I have trex arms and long legs, so I pull the telescope out and push the pedals away..

We have a baby on the way in about a month and the reality of a car seat in the double cab isn't exactly roomy lol.. Was kinda thinking of getting a new truck in 2021 but, trade in values are high in my area, truck prices are decent and interest rates are cheap..

Would appreciate your feedback!

I made a very similar jump a few weeks ago. I came from a 2017 LT Z71 5.3 4x4 double cab to my 2020 RST Z71 6.2 4x4 double cab. There are small things I miss about my K2. I liked the gauge cluster a lot better and it seems to make less wind noise on the highway than my T1. The blind spot mirror on the driver's side mirror made me more confident than the blind zone indicators on my new truck. But overall, I like my T1 much better. It feels more solid in every area I can think of. The interior gets awful reviews by the car mags but I think it's great myself. The cameras are much better and so is the infotainment. The paint quality is better and the factory dual exhaust is a nice touch. I also appreciate keyless entry more than I thought I would. 

There's really no benefit to a 2021 over the 2020. The only big change is wireless Apple Carplay/Android Auto. Trade in values are already starting to come down and 2020 incentives are high so the longer you wait, the more you pay. It sounds from your other thread like you've found a really great deal so I would jump on it. 

• Like 1

Went from 2014 5.3 crew cab ltz to 2020 rst 3.0 crew cab. Part of what i miss is the ltz package; vented seats, guage cluster, leather trim. I liked the deeper center console on the k2. If my truck was a 6.2 i would have probably kept it. The T1 has more room crew vs crew, so it will be huge compared to your double cab. The T1 rides nicer. I would test drive a 3.0, i like it ALOT better than the 5.3. And way better mileage and longer powertrain warrenty. The 10 speed is great as well

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Looking at going from my 2016Silverado 1500 LT Double Cab 5.3 4x4 to a 2020 Silverado 1500 RST Crew Cab 5.3 Z71 4x4..

Anybody who upgraded to a T1XX miss their K2? If so what do you miss? I THINK i might miss the adjustable pedals I have on mine as I have trex arms and long legs, so I pull the telescope out and push the pedals away..

We have a baby on the way in about a month and the reality of a car seat in the double cab isn't exactly roomy lol.. Was kinda thinking of getting a new truck in 2021 but, trade in values are high in my area, truck prices are decent and interest rates are cheap..

Would appreciate your feedback!

You’ve got a baby on the way, congratulations! In the long run, it makes more sense to keep what you’ve got either paid off or closer to being paid off than getting into another financial contract. Most would jump at buying a new truck but there’s not to much of a difference except the extra rear room and the much needed rear ac vents, interiors are lacking when compared to rivals. Not sure on your financial situation but with a new baby comes added higher bills and most come unexpectedly which may be something to consider. In the end, they’re all just trucks and it’s all up to your personal situation and interests. I love my 18, primarily cause it’s paid off, personalized and with zero issues, so far lol. In the end, what’s more important to you is what matters.

I see older trucks everyday while out, very well maintained and to me, they just serve a purpose as they’re mass produced utilitarian vehicles. If you’ve got a problem free truck I’d keep it, new T1’s having their own issues throughout the forums. A Problem free truck is something most on these forums miss, new is just as much of a crap shoot as previous model, reliability is king. Good luck and again, congratulations on your baby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I recently traded a 2016 2500 HD Sierra in on a 2020 AT4. At4 is alright but I'd give my left nut to have that 2500 back!  The 2500 was a TRUCK. The AT4 is a car.

edit - AT4 is a 1500

Edited by steelcity
  • Like 2

I recently traded a 2016 2500 HD Sierra in on a 2020 AT4. At4 is alright but I'd give my left nut to have that 2500 back!  The 2500 was a TRUCK. The AT4 is a car.

That sounds more like 2500 vs 1500 problem then T1 vs K2. Why didn’t you buy a 2500 HD AT4?
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, lt1z said:

That sounds more like 2500 vs 1500 problem then T1 vs K2. Why didn’t you buy a 2500 HD AT4?

You're right. I have absolutely no need for a 2500. But man once you've had one the 1500 is a let down. Reason for 1500? I don't have your money, lol. I'm a retired senior on a fixed income.

Edited by steelcity
  • Haha 1

You're right. I have absolutely no need for a 2500. But man once you've had one the 1500 is a let down. Reason for 1500? I don't have your money, lol. I'm a retired senior on a fixed income.

Not to go off topic but the 2500 is a completely different vehicle, more suited for towing it’s a very uncomfortable vehicle unless you’re hauling something. I traded in my 2016 LTZ DMax cause it was by far the most uncomfortable vehicle I’ve ever owned, bought my 2018 6.2 SLT CC standard bed and LOVING IT!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk