Miles

I have 2020 Sierra 1500 has anyone checked to see if miles are accurate. I seem to be flying through miles on my truck. I had 2016 HD prior to this and it seemed to take forever to put 1000 miles on. I do same driving with both trucks. Just think if gm tampers with miles a little bit, your warranty would only be 30000 in stead of 36000. You would put higher miles on your truck and it would be worth less. 

I thought the exact thing about my 2020.  Thought maybe I was crazy. I rarely drive mine but every time I look at the odometer I can't believe that I've racked up that many miles. I'd be willing to bet it's off. I thought maybe GM did it on purpose to hose us come trade in time,lol!  I traded a 2016 3/4 ton in on this AT4 and the miles are racking up twice as fast though I drive it half as much.

Edited by steelcity

I just don't understand some people on here and I can't believe  they even buy a GM product when all they do is get on here and complain about everything and anything and knock all dealers and service techs as being incompetent. Sure some have legitimate concerns, most don't. I've owned GM all my life and sure I have had some problems although very few. Go get another brand if you think GM is screwing you, you'll find that they have their problems also.

• Like 2

I know for a fact mine is 100% spot on dead accurate. I track mileage and assign it to a Job site. I do this for profit and loss statements so i know where i stand on every Project down to the penny. I am quite sure GM or any other automaker  (well maybe not VW) Know better then to try and pull something like this.  

I just wish my 3500 HD I swear gm is stealing my gas as i drive down the road. it might get  11 mpg .   

• Like 1

I love my GMC and wouldn't get anything else. All brands have there problems. I was just wondering if any one else noticed there miles going up fast and there where other people who thought that. I will check my truck out like the other posts stated. Thanks all for input ?

Umm, if anyone is genuinely concerned about this issue, they ought to verify the milage (which is really, really easy to do) and if it is off take it in and make them fix it.   Speculating about and posting about baseless conspiracy theories is just food for trolls.

Edited by jjackkrash
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1