Does anybody else hate their seat?

I had a 19 RST, 20 LT 2500 and now 21 GMC elevation and have to say my 21 seems most comfy out of all.....seems like bit more foam in the seat, not a ton but just bit more....definetly feels just bit more refined than my 19, idk if its true just seems that way

17 hours ago, jeetS said:

How difficult was that?

I didn't want the vibration but it was the only way to get the HUD so I ordered it that way ... haven't got it yet tho

You can turn the vibration off in vehicle settings.  

Alert Type
This feature sets the type of alert from the driver assistance systems to help avoid crashes.
Touch Beeps or Safety Alert Seat.

We had a 2015/6 around here that the vibration devices weren't buried deep enough and became annoying on a long trip. 

Not an issue with this '21.

On 2/20/2021 at 9:13 PM, Lawnboy01 said:

I took out the vibrators. Zip tied them up under the seat. Big improvement 

Did the same. I used double sided tape to mount the sensor motors to the bottom of the seat pan thinking maybe the vibrations would be felt. Nope! So I turned them off.

Bottom line, the seats could and should offer a much higher level of comfort. 

17 hours ago, jeetS said:

Thanks redwngr... Hopefully mine will be buried enough to not bother me

Unless they redesigned the seat bottoms on the ‘21 they are not buried at all. I believe they sit in a recess and the only padding is the upholstery. When I removed mine, I pulled them out through a small hole in bottom of the seat foam. The hole is for the wire and connector to pass through but large enough to remove the sensor motor. I made up two plugs from some closed cell foam and inserted them into the voids.

F03A5CFD-5FE5-4CDD-9907-B99945B04BFD.jpeg

Edited by EastCoast HD

In a 2016 1500 with them they became bothersome. 

2018 2500 with them they were not an issue.

2021 1500 they are not an issue. 

Did have to do a bunch of adjusting and trials to find front and rear seat height to my liking. With that done, I really like these seats.

No longer ever 'notice' them, which imo is the sign they they are as they should be.

Heating on them is way way above that  '11, '15, '16, and '18's. 

I'm a fan of these seats so far. 

It was built in October, so it hasn't seen hot weather to evaluate the seat ventilation. 

On 2/20/2021 at 7:13 PM, Lawnboy01 said:

I took out the vibrators. Zip tied them up under the seat. Big improvement 

That’s a great idea. My next mod. I just need to find something to fill the void. Was thinking spray foam and tape over the hole to keep it in till it sets. 

• 2 months later...
On 2/16/2021 at 8:55 AM, Bob Riley said:

We've made several multi day out of state trips in my Sierra and it didn't take long to realize how uncomfortable my seats are. I ended up buying a seat cushion to help: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MZJGYZ7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also found my seat a little hard......old bones i guess

This cushion from amazon is very comfortable, makes a world of difference + it's not too thick

might just be me.  And this in a lot of cars from 20 and 21.  They have shrunk the dashes as in they are not as close to you know.  Its kind of a weird feeling.  its like that in my 21 2500,  buddies 21 F150.  So while the seats may suck. I think the dash has a play in making things feel comfortable.

I just got my Denali and drove it 12 hours straight home yesterday.  This is by far the best vehicle seat I have planted my butt in for a road trip.  12 hours with only short stops to empty myself or fill up the truck and I didn’t have any of my usual hip, knee, ankle, or back pain.  This truck is a game changer for me.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone with the issue had any luck working with the dealer to resolve it?  I am sick after dropping this kind of money, 2021 gmc 2500 Denali duramax with ultimate package, to find the seat almost unbearable after only 1,000 miles. I didn’t notice it on the test drive and the first couple days drove an hour or 2 straight with out issue.  Not sure if they moved or what but it’s driving me nuts. May have to resort to removing them myself. I spent half the 1,000 miles in the passenger seat and it’s extremely comfortable.