Does anybody else hate their seat?

Dealer doesn't make the truck....they just sell them....firm seat is known on T1s.. seat cushion or have it reupholstered....not many options after you buy it.......

4 hours ago, Dunn said:

Dealer doesn't make the truck....they just sell them....firm seat is known on T1s.. seat cushion or have it reupholstered....not many options after you buy it.......

It’s not the firmness of the seats, I love that aspect, it’s the haptic sensors in the seat. Feels like I’m sitting with a can of chew in each back pocket. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The seats are terrible. I like my 19 much more than my 20. The more I compare them side by side the more I see how they missed the mark in the 2020. 

I saw that someone posted that there is a tilt telescoping wheel in the 2020. This simply is not the case. The 2020 has a tilt telescoping column. The wheel itself has almost not range of motion the column just moves up and down. The wheel doesn't have any real tilt to it. It is just another one of those things that makes the new truck more uncomfortable then the previous generation.

On 6/9/2021 at 8:13 PM, Jaybird09 said:

Has anyone with the issue had any luck working with the dealer to resolve it?  I am sick after dropping this kind of money, 2021 gmc 2500 Denali duramax with ultimate package, to find the seat almost unbearable after only 1,000 miles. I didn’t notice it on the test drive and the first couple days drove an hour or 2 straight with out issue.  Not sure if they moved or what but it’s driving me nuts. May have to resort to removing them myself. I spent half the 1,000 miles in the passenger seat and it’s extremely comfortable. 

got 3k on my truck now wouldnt say its the worse but not great.  needs more cushion and the angle isnt quite right.  I have played with the set up some and have gotten it better.

Probably not much recourse here tbh.  1.  you can see if the dealer would replace it,  doubtful but you would get the same product back.  2.  Is modifying your seat  or finding an aftermarket seat.

Im with you  I bought the truck sight unseen.  I was getting out of a lease so that had to go back and I had to buy something.  GM employee discount made buying GM the only choice for me.  I could have bought used but with the employee discount buying used would have been the same cost so buying a new GM was the only option once again.  Normal market,  I would have never bought this truck,  its a nice truck dont get me wrong, it just isnt as nice as other things out there. 

On 2/22/2021 at 1:07 PM, EastCoast HD said:

Did the same. I used double sided tape to mount the sensor motors to the bottom of the seat pan thinking maybe the vibrations would be felt. Nope! So I turned them off.

Bottom line, the seats could and should offer a much higher level of comfort. 

Unless they redesigned the seat bottoms on the ‘21 they are not buried at all. I believe they sit in a recess and the only padding is the upholstery. When I removed mine, I pulled them out through a small hole in bottom of the seat foam. The hole is for the wire and connector to pass through but large enough to remove the sensor motor. I made up two plugs from some closed cell foam and inserted them into the voids.

F03A5CFD-5FE5-4CDD-9907-B99945B04BFD.jpeg

Were you able to remove them without removing the seat and/or seat cover?

I have about 4500 miles so far and while I’ve found better positions I still feel like I’m sitting on something. Just spent 4 hours in a rental 21 suburban, which I’m guessing has similar if not the same seat, without the haptic sensors with absolutely no issues. Seats were very comfortable. 

I believe I have fixed my problem!! I was able to install the haptic sensors in the channel for the cable to them vs the recessed pockets for the sensors. I am still able to feel them vibrate and it no longer feels like i am sitting with a wallet in each back pocket. 

i removed the seat, left it in the truck, and leaned it back to remove the seat cover and then pushed the sensors out the cable hole and pushed them back in. Hope this helps someone else and if you have questions feel free to ask. 

On 5/13/2021 at 9:35 AM, Laidback said:

I also found my seat a little hard......old bones i guess

This cushion from amazon is very comfortable, makes a world of difference + it's not too thick

I also just purchased same using link, and just did 4 hour drive with it, much better. It took away the mid thigh and tailbone pain I always get. 

Edited by IdoMRI

• 2 years later...

I really like the seats on my 2024 2500 High Country. Also loved the seats in my past Denali 1500.

Absolutely hated the seats in my past Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. Those would kill my back after 2 hours of driving.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2023 at 9:06 AM, Pryme said:

I only have the WT model and I have no complaints with the seat. No power in it and no idea about those haptic whatever but probably don’t have those either. 

I have the same seats as you do and I love them.  When we towed our camper to Maine last August from Atlanta, they were perfect for long hours traveling.  Now my old ass did basically fall out of the truck during gas stops....lol...but it wasn't because of the seats, it's called getting old and staying in one position too long.  But I love my seats.  I have the 10 position ones that was a factory option but even if I didn't, I still love them.  I hate leather by the way....lol...