Does anybody else hate their seat?

I’ve seen a few other posts but no updates or resolutions.  My 2021 Sierra 2500 SLE has to have the worst seat I have ever sat it, the more I drive it the more I hate it!  I’m hoping that somebody will tell me the seat will break in after a couple thousand miles??? 

This is my 5th GM truck since 2005 and the seat is the worst yet. It’s rock hard and makes my legs fall asleep and my thighs cramp up, it’s like the seat base is too short and the angles are just wrong. I just can’t seem to find comfortable. 

This is the main reason I ended up in a Denali. all the other models have a seat that is shorter by maybe an 1". the dealer did not believe me until they pulled a measuring tape and found it out.

For me, this makes all of the difference in the world. it is the most comfortable vehicle I ever owned, and it kept me happy on long drive days, towing an RV behind.

the seats are like a rock and no they dont break in......I always felt the seat base is too short as well and agree for some reason they really missed ergonomics of steering wheel and seating relationship along with seat...the power seat when it goes up it tilts forward so its not really independent......which seems really odd since they been building trucks forever.....i will most likely get seat covers and use a pad.....maybe in year or so they break in better which if so would be totally worth it

or just find a wrecked denali and swap seats, lol.....(did not know denali seats were longer)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, edgexcsp said:

I’ve seen a few other posts but no updates or resolutions.  My 2021 Sierra 2500 SLE has to have the worst seat I have ever sat it, the more I drive it the more I hate it!  I’m hoping that somebody will tell me the seat will break in after a couple thousand miles??? 

This is my 5th GM truck since 2005 and the seat is the worst yet. It’s rock hard and makes my legs fall asleep and my thighs cramp up, it’s like the seat base is too short and the angles are just wrong. I just can’t seem to find comfortable. 

I mentioned this after a test drive and got flamed.

Yep, they are kindergarten sized stones.

On 11/17/2020 at 1:10 PM, Dunn said:

the seats are like a rock and no they dont break in......I always felt the seat base is too short as well and agree for some reason they really missed ergonomics of steering wheel and seating relationship along with seat...the power seat when it goes up it tilts forward so its not really independent......which seems really odd since they been building trucks forever.....i will most likely get seat covers and use a pad.....maybe in year or so they break in better which if so would be totally worth it

or just find a wrecked denali and swap seats, lol.....(did not know denali seats were longer)

Mine, the front of switch raises/lowers front of seat, back of switch raises/lowers back of seat.

I find it necessary to mess with height of front and back to find a position I like. 

Wheel tilts and telescopes. 

Haven't done any 'in the seat' sessions longer than about 90 minutes, but so far I'm finding the '21 seat more comfortable than the '18 .  Both trucks Denali trim.

I currently have an AT4 on order.  However, GM hasn't "picked up" the allocation so I still have time to change it.  This thread had me worried so I had my dealer go out and take a pic of the AT4 and a Denali seat.  I'm not seeing a difference, personally, other than the brown insert on the AT4.

What am I missing?

image_6483441 (1).JPG

image_6483441.JPG

9 hours ago, redwngr said:

Mine, the front of switch raises/lowers front of seat, back of switch raises/lowers back of seat.

I find it necessary to mess with height of front and back to find a position I like. 

Wheel tilts and telescopes. 

Haven't done any 'in the seat' sessions longer than about 90 minutes, but so far I'm finding the '21 seat more comfortable than the '18 .  Both trucks Denali trim.

i have same but even raising it straight up it still tilts forward......denali sounds like whole different animal with better seats altogether......my wheel does same but my tundra had independent function for this......i cant see the guages unless i get the wheel super tall in silverado.......messing with mine for months trying to find a "good spot"......seat base length and foam is most of culprit......you get another inch and softer seats so sure that helps

9 hours ago, Dunn said:

i have same but even raising it straight up it still tilts forward......denali sounds like whole different animal with better seats altogether......my wheel does same but my tundra had independent function for this......i cant see the guages unless i get the wheel super tall in silverado.......messing with mine for months trying to find a "good spot"......seat base length and foam is most of culprit......you get another inch and softer seats so sure that helps

I'm still not seeing how the Denali seat is any different.  Maybe something changed in 2021?

Quality of leather?  Maybe.  But in my experience, (Yukon Denali's over the years) their leather isn't much different than LTZ Yukons, etc.

My images above also do not show a huge different in leather quality, seat adjustments, sizes, etc.

11 hours ago, Dunn said:

Doesn't the wheel tilt enough to see gauges? 

Is it the telescoping or non-telescoping?  

(telescope optional on LT, but all trims have tilt) 

EDIT to add: power seat or manual seat?

Edited by redwngr

In my case, I have a power seat and it’s a 3 way problem between the seat firmness, the adjustment or lack independent adjustment and the steering tilt/telescope. 

The seat is rock hard and could be a touch longer in the base.  The adjust up and down has too much tilt forward when going up and not enough tilt back when going down(for me) and the steering wheel doesn’t come back far enough, so I am stuck between reaching for the wheel or having my legs cramped up into the peddles. Either position seems worse because the seat is damn hard. 

19 hours ago, tbully said:

I currently have an AT4 on order.  However, GM hasn't "picked up" the allocation so I still have time to change it.  This thread had me worried so I had my dealer go out and take a pic of the AT4 and a Denali seat.  I'm not seeing a difference, personally, other than the brown insert on the AT4.

What am I missing?

Material is different, but same adjuster on SLT/AT4/Denali.

Material description -

SLT/AT4/LTZ/HC -- Perforated Leather-appointed front seats

Denali -- Forge Perforated Leather-appointed 

Can't imagine that the material makes them 'ride' better. 

All the above have the a 10-way power  djuster.

(there used to also be a 12-way on K2 Denali, but it seems to have disappeared for the current ones)

• Like 1

The seats in the T1's just outright 100% plainly suck and I could tell the second I sat in one the measurements were just not going to allow for a good seating position Base height etc. Foam, materials...absolute garbage!  

• Like 1