Mods for 3.0 duramax

I just got the 2021 3.0 duramax and I’m itching to get more power. I can’t seem to find a lot of aftermarket parts for it. This is the first truck I plan on adding aftermarket parts to so I’m not sure where to start. Does anyone know any company’s that have tunes for it? What are the first mods I should look into getting? Thanks. 

You might try looking for 2020 mods. It takes a min before companies adjust to new models. There are a few tuners out but not a lot yet. I have a 20 myself and I’ve been looking. Not surpassing really being a whole new engine platform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right now you have to make your own mods. I got tired of waiting and made an intake from the air filter box to turbo and replaced the resonator between the turbo and intercooler. Noticed a nice bump in throttle response and sound. On the exhaust, from a performance aspect, don't bother. I went from stock pipe to 4" right after the cat and it did nothing. Sound wise it changed some for the better but not enough to justify the cost and time. The scr/dpf/cat really quiet things down.

Banks has development of the Derringer on hold, as does stealth.

S&B is getting close to releasing their intake setup, AFE has an intake setup that replaces the stock air box but utilizes the stock tube to the turbo and it's pricey!

I wish I would have taken pics, when I removed the stock turbo resonator, there was oil residue in it so the turbo is sucking some oil from the crank case/pcv setup and most likely will coat the inside of the intercooler and intake manifild so I'll be installing a catch can soon.

• Thanks 1

Add some spark plugs and a couple of extra cylinders.

But seriously, have you been reading the news about the illegal emissions tampering going on in the diesel world?  Diesel mods and tuning are going to be much more difficult to come by, especially on new motor architecture. 

I used left over aluminum piping from previous turbo and procharger builds so it only cost me time to make it all. The only thing I needed was a coupler for the outlet of the turbo. It's a 2.25" and the stock coupler into the intercooler is 2.5", so I used about a 6-7" long 2.5" pipe. Incase anyone wants to do the same. The outlet of the air filter box is 4", and the stock coupler for the  turbo inltet is 3" and reduces down to about 2.75" I think, I didn't measure since my 3" pipe fit in it. So mine is set up  4" to 3.5" at the stock air box, then half was reduces down to 3" I've been thinking about making it all 4" pipe up to the turbo but it gets tight back there.

15 minutes ago, robert holmes said:

Thank you for the pictures! Dumb question: is a turbo resonator different from an exhaust resonator? Im assuming that I would take the resonator out for a new intake? 

Same principal, and youre welcome. hopefully this helps if others decide to do the same

Edited by dram1983361