I got the notification through the My Chevrolet App.  It sure doesn't inspire confidence that a seat belt may not be connected to anything.

Here's the thing that really makes you crazy.  According to the recall dated December 23, 2020 GM knows there is a problem with seatbelts but they will not start notifying owners of the affected vehicles until February 1, 2021. Below is direct from the recall:

"GM says in government documents that the seat belt brackets may not have been secured to the seat frame. That means the belts may not properly restrain people in a crash. The company says it doesn’t know of any crashes or injuries.

GM will notify owners starting Feb. 1 and dealers will inspect the seat belt brackets and assemble them correctly."

So it's okay to drive around with a seatbelt that you are legally mandated to wear for your protection that may not be fastened to anything until February 1st. Everything going to be okay ! The logic at Government Motors is frightening.

On 12/23/2020 at 9:19 PM, Enough said:

I got the notification through the My Chevrolet App.  It sure doesn't inspire confidence that a seat belt may not be connected to anything.

Here's the thing that really makes you crazy.  According to the recall dated December 23, 2020 GM knows there is a problem with seatbelts but they will not start notifying owners of the affected vehicles until February 1, 2021. Below is direct from the recall:

"GM says in government documents that the seat belt brackets may not have been secured to the seat frame. That means the belts may not properly restrain people in a crash. The company says it doesn’t know of any crashes or injuries.

GM will notify owners starting Feb. 1 and dealers will inspect the seat belt brackets and assemble them correctly."

So it's okay to drive around with a seatbelt that you are legally mandated to wear for your protection that may not be fastened to anything until February 1st. Everything going to be okay ! The logic at Government Motors is frightening.

This recall only affects trucks with the 40/20/40 split bench seats and is the seatbelt in the middle,  for me the middle never gets used as the console is always down. I just as soon not have techs tearing things apart to try and fix.

On 12/27/2020 at 11:20 PM, Booger T said:

This recall only affects trucks with the 40/20/40 split bench seats and is the seatbelt in the middle,  for me the middle never gets used as the console is always down. I just as soon not have techs tearing things apart to try and fix.

This probably applies to  98% of  people with these trucks. In my City i have only seen  10 or so  Single cab trucks. I bought one of them. Only seen two others on the road. Most all people with  Double quad cab trucks are not going to use the middle (jump seat) in there truck. Mine has never been lifted up other then to clean and i have  single cab unicorn truck.

On 12/27/2020 at 10:20 PM, Booger T said:

Yeah, mines the same way. And I'll probably never use that seat as a seat. Especially since I have the crew cab and mines only a lease. So when I give it back/trade it in, in a year or so. Then they can worry about fixing it.