22 HD changes?

Currently in a 20 AT4, very happy but ready to be thinking about its replacement.

Really like the new 21 Z71 Sport package, but they won't let you add the power running board.

Dealer has ordered me one in hot red, but probably April before it arrives, thinking might as well get a 22 in August????

Anybody have any insights?

20201229_144657.jpg

On 1/2/2021 at 9:17 PM, powerhaulic said:

Currently in a 20 AT4, very happy but ready to be thinking about its replacement.

Really like the new 21 Z71 Sport package, but they won't let you add the power running board.

Dealer has ordered me one in hot red, but probably April before it arrives, thinking might as well get a 22 in August????

Anybody have any insights?

That’s a great looking truck. If you’re currently very happy with your truck then I wouldn’t rush out to replace it. Personally, I would wait to see (1) when and how GM refreshes the interior and (2) when and how GM refreshes the exterior. Otherwise after trading trucks now after a year you might be right back trading out again in another year or two. If the new design is just awful to you, the previous model will be discounted more and you can still get that most likely. 

As for power running board you don’t need a factory installed one and I wouldn’t let that detract me from buying the truck I want. Just get the AMP Research Powersteps. 

Edited by Duramax3oh

Nobody really knows. But since there haven’t been any camouflaged HD mules running around yet, I am inclined to think the HD trucks are going to be a year behind the confirmed 2022 refresh on the half tons.

If it were me, I’d hold off and see. Make the call in August. You’ll at least be able to check out the new half tons and see if the upgrades are worth waiting for on the HDs.

19 hours ago, RonaldA said:

A 10 speed in the gasser would be great?

I will trade my 18 1500 stock truck for one if these if it happens.

I'm not holding my breath.

Edited by dieselfan1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Mainly Interior changes for 2023. Exterior will be minor. I plan to buy new 2022 or 2023 HD and just waiting to see if new 2023 interior is horrible like 2021 suburban/tahoe and 2022 silverado or has it's own good design. Once they release it, I'll know if I go with a 2022 or 2023. I do NOT like the 6 speed and want a 10, but need new truck around then and even if new 10 speed comes out in 2023 (unlikely), I don't want first year of new transmission and I can't wait to buy until 2024 model year so that would force my hand into a 2022.