10 hours ago, Jared Walters said:

Why are so many people with 2019+ GM doing a muffler delete instead of installing a new muffler? Am I missing something lol? Or is it just people going a cheaper route?

Think you just answered  your own question lol 

I did the muffler delete on my 6.2 a few months ago. Had them leave both flappers in (the 6.2 has 2, 5.3 has 1) to help prevent drone. Honestly, it's a great setup. It sounds aggressive but not too loud on the highway. I only notice light drone on slight inclines - somewhere around 1700-1800rpm. The best part is it only cost me $75 at a muffler shop. It's a great option if you're looking for more sound. Another option would be to weld a different muffler back in its place which would still get you more sound without having to spend big money on a catback. 

I would rather go with new muffler (Borla) than do the cheaper route. It really depends on other perceptions but cutting the muffler is like going back to college where you want to save money but wants to have that great sound that won't hurt your wallet. No offense to those going the cheaper route. Your truck your rules. This is just my own opinion. Respect to other trucks!!!

$300 for a muffler or $100 for a muffler delete isn’t that much of a difference. To me it came down to how it sounds [emoji16]. I may in the future go and put a different muffler on but for now I am letting everyone enjoy it [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 2 months later...

$60 delete from shop. Everyone thinks I have a $1,200 full system. It’s great and I’ve had it a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the range technology unit installed so no dropping cylinders with the chopper sound going on. Best $60 I've spent. Range was $180.....still seems over priced for what it does.

Any of you doing this to a lease truck, or do u all own your truck?

I ask because I lease my truck, I have 2 more years left And thought this would be great 

does anyone know if it’s hard to have the muffler reinstalled when I turn my truck back in 

On 3/9/2021 at 12:36 PM, Irishmedic said:

I ask because I lease my truck, I have 2 more years left And thought this would be great 

does anyone know if it’s hard to have the muffler reinstalled when I turn my truck back in 

I own mine.

Has to be cut out and welded. Not impossible but definitely not easy.

Edited by Waymon

On 3/9/2021 at 2:36 PM, Irishmedic said:

Just keep your stock muffler and when it comes time to upgrade/take back the lease just cut the new muffler out and use clamps to put the old one back on

Any videos of muffler delete or Borla welded in but WITH the 2 flappers left, and the resonators as well?

Want to change it as little as possible, but get a bit more throaty and sound better when I get in it.  Would do the borla welded in place, or just delete and do a straight pipe, but was gonna leave the rest as is.

On 1/6/2021 at 9:38 AM, Richard472 said:

I would rather go with new muffler (Borla) than do the cheaper route. It really depends on other perceptions but cutting the muffler is like going back to college where you want to save money but wants to have that great sound that won't hurt your wallet. No offense to those going the cheaper route. Your truck your rules. This is just my own opinion. Respect to other trucks!!!

If I switch to a Borla attak muffler only swap. Shoul the Flapper be removed or left in? AT4 6.2 2021