5.3L impressed

So as you know I am a huge 6.2L fan, but over the weekend I decided to detail my step dads 2020 Sierra for him because of them watching our kids a few times while the wife and I had date night. 

I can honestly say after driving it 2 days that GM did a fantastic job with the 5.3L compared to the older K2 version. The truck is snappier, accelerates quicker/easier. My older K2’s felt like they were “straining” or “struggling” under hard accelerations.
 Also the ride is a lot better compared to my 2019. I took it over the same roads and railroad tracks and the truck just handled better. Didn’t want to wonder on the back end going over railroad tracks. I will be upgrading to the Bilsteins here in May when I can get into my fathers shop.
In all I can’t say enough how impressed I am over with the 5.3L and 10 speed combo. It is a night and day difference. 
Anyone else have thoughts or had a K2 and now a new T1. Would love to hear them.  Take care. 

T1 5.3 does drive better than K2.  I own a K2 (tuned and E85) and stock for stock there is a driving difference between them.  I'm sure the couple hundred lbs weight loss helped too but I think the 8 and 10 speeds let the 5.3 shine some more over the 6 speed.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Absolutely agree. My '18 Denali had the 5.3 w/ 8 speed and when upgrading to a '21 I had my heart set on the 3.0 or the 6.2.  I drove them all, BUT once I test drove the 5.3 with the 10 speed I felt like it was a totally different engine compared to my '18. Very happy with the 5.3....now!

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, lebag335 said:

I love my small block! '20 AT4 with 8 speed and it's awesome!

Someone correct me if I’m wrong but the ‘20 has the 10 speed right? The ‘19 has the 8 speed with the 5.3 but I don’t think the ‘20 does. 

6 hours ago, spizike9 said:

Someone correct me if I’m wrong but the ‘20 has the 10 speed right? The ‘19 has the 8 speed with the 5.3 but I don’t think the ‘20 does. 

My 2020 AT4 with the 5.3 has the 8 speed. It's a COVID thing and its awesome! At least with my transmission, it is smooth as butta!

No problems here either with my 2020 5.3 8-speed RST CC.......love the engine and no issues with the transmission. 

Ride is fantastic IMHO. 

Reading this forum one would think the Z71 suspension is crap and the 8-speed is crap.......I completely disagree and more than happy with my purchase 1-year later. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jav_eee said:

My 2020 5.3 has an 8-speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5 hours ago, lebag335 said:

My 2020 AT4 with the 5.3 has the 8 speed. It's a COVID thing and its awesome! At least with my transmission, it is smooth as butta!

Interesting. I thought the 2020 GMCs came with the 10 speed even with the 5.3. I guess not though. Thanks for the insight.