When to replace just 1 tire

I have 4 Hankook AT2's on my truck with less that 20k on them, still look like new.

got a screw (literally and figuratively) about 1" from the sidewall.

Firestone said unrepairable (plug / patch) and I understand that policy so I went on with my day as this was a slow leak.

Dropped it off at my local shop today and he repaired it.  I know I am accepting all the liability in this case and am comfortable with that.

While there I had him measure the tread depth and it was 9.5/32, Brand new the tire is 12.5/32 so 3/32" difference.

Here is the question being that our trucks might be considered AWD, at what difference would we say that a full set of tires is warranted?

I would have a hard time believing that 3/32 difference in tread depth would make any difference on our trucks.

I can't stomach replacing all 4 when they all still look like when I put them on.

Theoretically I could order a duplicate from TireRack and they will actually shave it down to match for and additional $25-35, that is always an option I suppose but they are already about 30-40 higher than I can get them for online.

I do tow a travel trailer so I want to make sure I have 100% integrity of the tire.

Lastly--any idea how road hazard works in situations like this for AWD vehicles, I highly doubt they pro-rate a full set just because 1 is ruined?

I don't have roadhazard on any of the tires on any of my vehicles but this seemed like an interesting question being that our other vehicle is a '18 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk.

20210320_163224.jpg

I have 4 Hankook AT2's on my truck with less that 20k on them, still look like new.
got a screw (literally and figuratively) about 1" from the sidewall.
Firestone said unrepairable (plug / patch) and I understand that policy so I went on with my day as this was a slow leak.
Dropped it off at my local shop today and he repaired it.  I know I am accepting all the liability in this case and am comfortable with that.
While there I had him measure the tread depth and it was 9.5/32, Brand new the tire is 12.5/32 so 3/32" difference.

Here is the question being that our trucks might be considered AWD, at what difference would we say that a full set of tires is warranted?
I would have a hard time believing that 3/32 difference in tread depth would make any difference on our trucks.

I can't stomach replacing all 4 when they all still look like when I put them on.
Theoretically I could order a duplicate from TireRack and they will actually shave it down to match for and additional $25-35, that is always an option I suppose but they are already about 30-40 higher than I can get them for online.
I do tow a travel trailer so I want to make sure I have 100% integrity of the tire.

Lastly--any idea how road hazard works in situations like this for AWD vehicles, I highly doubt they pro-rate a full set just because 1 is ruined?
I don't have roadhazard on any of the tires on any of my vehicles but this seemed like an interesting question being that our other vehicle is a '18 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk.

20210320_163224.thumb.jpg.1eded56cf1adbfdb768b793e134884e7.jpg

I’ve used tire sealer in that case. It’s it the tread. I even plugged my own. If the leak is slow enough I’ve even just left it be. There’s pretty good inflators that you can carry with you. I wouldn’t mess with sidewalls, this isn’t that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would run it as is now that it's patched, if it starts leaking again just replace the tire. 

I highly doubt 3/32" is going to make a difference to the vehicle. Even if it was awd I doubt it would be a problem.