19 minutes ago, grampadirt said:

Sort of. I was just trying to find new service valves, to avoid spending an arm and a ball on compressors and mess like that.

Morning y'all! Is there a kit i can purchase to convert from r12 to r134a? I tried the little autozone kits and they do not fit my truck. Its a 1992 C1500 with the TBI 350 (5.7)

My 92 after 10 years of running on R-12 after purchasing it needed a recharge. My local shop had an adapter kit for the fittings. And oil to make it work. Refilling with the new Freon. Charged me 200$. That was 3 years ago, working like a charm. If everything is working as it should no need to change anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 4/19/2021 at 9:25 AM, It's Tim said:

If it leaked out before, it will leak again.

Ive already found the source of the leak, the service valves look like they got mauled by a grizzly, and im replacing all of the seals before I recharge it.

20 minutes ago, JustRangerThings said:

Ive already found the source of the leak, the service valves look like they got mauled by a grizzly, and im replacing all of the seals before I recharge it.

Receiver/drier should also be replaced since the system has been open.

• Like 1