AC crapped out, Transmission shudder UPDATE_4

On 6/28/2019 at 6:49 PM, flyingfool said:

should of bought a Toyota....

Why would anyone want that flimsy old rust bucket?

On 6/28/2019 at 11:58 AM, MaverickZ71 said:

That's terrible.  Especially on a brand-new truck!  Apparently, GM has no quality assurance methods now whatsoever, except to pump out vehicles as fast as they can and let us beta-test it for them.  Best of luck on the repairs.  

If you think that's bad you should go see the 5thgenram forums. Guys are hacking up their coolant lines because Fiat designed the truck to both heat and cool the air. They can't even reliably seal all the body seams, get their touchscreens to work, make a reliable air ride system. They even managed to screw up the one thing that worked alright in the last trucks. The transmission. They updated the ZF for 2019 and now it bangs into drive, clunks and bangs when it shifts, grinds up hard parts and leaves them in the fluid pan. Oh wait, you like Ram trucks right?

2 hours ago, Blanz said:

UPDATE#2:

Stopped by the dealership shop and here is what my 2019 Silverado RST with 2,300 miles looks like when your replacing a defective Evaporator coil!

He is only 80% in, as the cross-beam support still needs to be removed before the HVAC box can come out. 

Hope for everybody else sake that this is not a systemic issue from the HVAC supplier. Maybe I'm the one in a million, should have played the lottery instead.  

So much for a new truck!!!

Bill.

2019-07-12 13.46.31.jpg

Wow... even the doors are off. Hopefully someone worth their salt is punching this ticket and you get it back correctly!

Btw that transmission fluid change is shudder from 25 mph to 80 mph, and does not address the 1-2 shift nonsense it does the first few shifts of the day. So if they are replacing the fluid to address the 1-2 shift concern it won't do anything according to the bulletin s I have read

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, ShamrockShooter said:

Btw that transmission fluid change is shudder from 25 mph to 80 mph, and does not address the 1-2 shift nonsense it does the first few shifts of the day. So if they are replacing the fluid to address the 1-2 shift concern it won't do anything according to the bulletin s I have read

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Good to know. I took my RST in for its first oil change this AM, since I finally have 3K on it. I had considered having them do the transmission fluid change, but decided I didn't have time for it today. Honestly, the transmission has smoothed out a TON since 1500 miles, so I don't think I'm even going to do it at all, unless it comes back and starts acting up again. 

The only harsh shifts I still have from time to time are 1-2. So it's good to know I would be wasting my time to do the fluid change to try and fix that. 

Wow.... That's awful. Sorry and hope they get it right. Boy it was so much easier to change the evaporator on my '85 Silverado... They could surely have had a better design. Remove dash, steering, seats? Really????

Edited by mafd2
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Blanz said:

UPDATE#2:

Stopped by the dealership shop and here is what my 2019 Silverado RST with 2,300 miles looks like when your replacing a defective Evaporator coil!

He is only 80% in, as the cross-beam support still needs to be removed before the HVAC box can come out. 

Hope for everybody else sake that this is not a systemic issue from the HVAC supplier. Maybe I'm the one in a million, should have played the lottery instead.  

So much for a new truck!!!

Bill.

2019-07-12 13.46.31.jpg

Man if GM have a lick of degnity they should correct this by granting you a new truck. If I were you I will demand a new truck. I mean don't get me wrong mistakes happen but in my opinion that is not the right way to treat this situation. My friend bought a 2017 Silverado 2500 LTZ brand new. Found few paint inperfection. He fought for new truck and in 2018 and 9000miles he was approved for new truck. He even picked up a new color. GM folks if you are seeing this give the man a new truck there is a lot us reading this and a lot of us buy a new truck every 5yrs or sooner.

Good luck Bill, we are all pulling for you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moend said:

Man if GM have a lick of degnity they should correct this by granting you a new truck. If I were you I will demand a new truck. I mean don't get me wrong mistakes happen but in my opinion that is not the right way to treat this situation. My friend bought a 2017 Silverado 2500 LTZ brand new. Found few paint inperfection. He fought for new truck and in 2018 and 9000miles he was approved for new truck. He even picked up a new color. GM folks if you are seeing this give the man a new truck there is a lot us reading this and a lot of us buy a new truck every 5yrs or sooner.

Good luck Bill, we are all pulling for you!

Agreed! This is ridiculous. At this point they just need to give this man a new truck. They can still fix this one and sell it used later.

This is BS.

• Like 1

Any dealer in their right mind with a truck under warranty will give you a free loaner within the mfrs warranty. IF not you need a new dealer. 

IF there's this many trucks with these issue's as someone stated going years back then GM better make it right and fast as the right lawyers catch wind and there will be a class action lawsuit. GM claims times are good, cuts are being made to make their bottom line good as well moving from the car segment then they better step up. 

Whoever designed the EVAP Coil where the cab has to be stripped should be fired if they haven't already. That new refrigerant is no joke either. Don't ever get it fixed out of warranty as the new 1234 refrigerant is $$$$$ Expensive with the labor as well because everything that has to be done. This is probably a result of the R2R rules that went into effect for right to repair and now they need to make repair money. 

I don't do the AC but there's plenty of other repair work on all these vehicles that are newer these days and some consumers are realizing they've been getting bent over for years by dealer only work. 

I can flash just as well with my drew tech and my Bosch ADS625 which includes a j-2534 cord combo for programming ECM. Even had to buy a $550 battery charger/maintainer by Schumacher. 100amps peak for 3 min with 70 amp continuous while programming with steady ripple free voltage. 

I'll see if I can find any tsb 'sand slap it up tomorrow night (late sat).

To the original poster I'd really push for a new truck. Call all the way up the ladder, remind them it won't be the same truck, diminished value will be present, be sensible with them know you can escalate to the next level, take notes, take notes, take notes and keep working up the chain of command. This is ridiculous and anyone you speak with who works for the dealer or GM that says they'd accept the repair is lying and probably don't drives a Chevy. That's more true than people think. Push push push till they give. Wear them down. 

LEt them know you'll trade it for a Dodge and never buy another GM again and if they call your bluff and you can afford it I'd Do it to show them not to screw with you. 

• Like 1

Very sorry to hear about these issues with your truck.  This is completely unacceptable, not a new truck.   We don’t have the lemon law in Canada unfortunately, what we have is something called CAMVAP.   Canadian Automobile Manufacturer Vehicle Arbitration Program(wow that’s a mouthful).

Anyways, the vehicle can be up to 6 years old and have 120,000 kms(72,000 miles) on it.  An arbitrator steps if manufacturers cannot come to an agreement with the owner on a defective vehicle.   Not sure how it works exactly.  My advice to you sir:  Get those photos on the 6 o’clock news, and you’ll probably have a new truck in your driveway by the end of the week.

Good luck to you, hope they get it sorted out and get your new truck back.

2 minutes ago, Mandalorian said:

Probably time to call it a lemon

I with you but that's not happening. GM knows they designed the truck where the dash had to come out to change the evaporator so they won't give everyone a new vehicle every time an evaporator goes bad.  Probably all or most GM vehicles require the dash to come out to change the evaporator. Poor design I know...

• Like 1