Elka 2.5 Reservoirs

After much suspension research, I’ve landed on Elka 2.5 Reservoir coilovers and rears for my AT4 6.2.  I chose Elkas because they’re progressive valved and I’m told that’s best for my needs (on-road as well as forest roads w/ washboards, potholes, etc.)

Before I pull the trigger, does anyone have any direct experience with these on a Sierra or Silverado 1500?  

https://www.elkasuspension.com/product/2-5-reservoir-front-rear-shocks-kit-for-chevrolet-silverado-1500-2019-to-2020-2-in-to-3-in-lift/?c=72e1ba2726d6

After all the positive reviews/info I’ve read about them online, I’m kind of surprised they’re not more popular.  They seem to fill a niche in that they’re an improvement over stock without being too firm for daily driving.

Any info is much appreciated.

That's an interesting setup, I haven't heard of them but they appear to be quality units.  I am curious though, why do you already have to have a lift to use these shocks?  As soon as you remove your factory suspension to install the Elkins, you are removing the 2" factory lift and therefore are back to stock.  Reading the information from their website, its unclear why you need to have a lift on prior to installing this kit since the kit includes shocks and springs.  Regardless, I'll be interested to hear the drivability results you get with this kit since its design purpose fits in perfectly with my driving style: mostly roads with some trails mixed in.

Hopefully you get the results you want and can share your findings with everybody.  Good find and good luck!

• Like 1

I actually found out about Elkas through a Tacoma forum.  A self-proclaimed Kings fan-boy and dealer gave them rave reviews.  

After reading their website, I saw a lot of words that described my own needs and was kind of shocked (haha) I’ve never seen them mentioned before, even in conversations where people mention having these exact needs (that is, a mix of on-road driving as well forest/fire roads, washboards, etc).

They seem almost too good to be true.

btw, I think they have a set that’s for non-lifted trucks, too.

• Thanks 1

Elka is a pretty popular brand in offraod sports.....Razors, quads, etc but never crossed over into mx world .....i thought it was kinda strange, but always heard good stuff about them

i wish Ohlins would make stuff for trucks....used to run it on my bike and it was beauitful stuff

interesting Elka is in truck world.....it is all in the valving, if stock valving fit your needs than great, if its rebuildable and revalveable even better

wow! just seen price.....for that i would probably just run a KING setup their OEM kits are friendly on road unless you have them valved differently.....am sure Elkas are nice they have always had a good reputation

Edited by Dunn

On 8/31/2021 at 5:02 AM, Gangly said:

That's an interesting setup, I haven't heard of them but they appear to be quality units.  I am curious though, why do you already have to have a lift to use these shocks?  As soon as you remove your factory suspension to install the Elkins, you are removing the 2" factory lift and therefore are back to stock.  Reading the information from their website, its unclear why you need to have a lift on prior to installing this kit since the kit includes shocks and springs.  Regardless, I'll be interested to hear the drivability results you get with this kit since its design purpose fits in perfectly with my driving style: mostly roads with some trails mixed in.

Hopefully you get the results you want and can share your findings with everybody.  Good find and good luck!

he just needs a block for rear.....the fronts are adjustable, lift set at 2.5 inches.

• 1 year later...

Bringing this back from the dead.

I'm taking the plunge. As much as I really like this Bilstien set up it has it's limitations. 

I need more dampening and compliance on these washboard roads and my buddy who's a Toyota guy and a big King fan has had nothing, but good things to say.

Not backordered like Icon or King either. I'll post pics and let everyone know how they perform.