Touch Screen has a mind of its own

Well, my last entry was Tuesday 12:47pm. Here it is Thursday night and I didn’t receive a call Wednesday or today. I’ll contact them again Friday morning and see what GM Customer Assistance has to say. My screen is doing the same things and I’ve disconnected the battery negative terminal twice. Just to see if that had an effect. So far, no improvement. There is a vertical dead zone 3/4 of the length left-to-right. Cannot adjust the fade control setting for front to back speakers. The bottom block (along that vertical 3/4 bar) for SiriusXM set channels doesn’t respond to touch. 

• Like 1

Well, finally — it’s been 2+ months — and the dealer calls to say the part is in-house. So they scheduled for today to do the installation of the replacement touch-screen display. After a 3 hour installation, I am pleased to tell all that the display performs as expected. The “dead” right-hand side of the new display is functioning and I can once again use the settings to adjust the front/back speaker fade control up and down arrows. Thanks to the Chevrolet Customer Assistance Group in Center Line, Michigan at (800) 222-1020 or (586) 834-4780. My Senior Advisor, April, was never available to take my call. I called (865) 790-5600 Rishawnna (excuse the spelling) finally helped by contacting the dealership. I hope that I have better luck with this, my third, display. Bill H

Edited by Billhudson308
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem here - display jumps randomly. Dealer charged $260 "labor" just to download software updates yesterday! Replacement units are on "national back order" - unavailable. Updates were unhelpful, of course. Seems like a product defect.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ALB3 said:

Same problem here - display jumps randomly. Dealer charged $260 "labor" just to download software updates yesterday! Replacement units are on "national back order" - unavailable. Updates were unhelpful, of course. Seems like a product defect.

What year & miles? 

1 hour ago, ALB3 said:

you can get the Alpine upgrade, smallest one is 6" runs $900, the big 8" and larger screens are over $1200, then you need to buy the dash kit from alpine $500, and the GM CAN Bus adapter kit $??

Same thing happen to me starting a few weeks ago in my sierra (53000 miles). Dealer says it is caused by an update pushed out over the air by GM. They refuse to replace any parts or even look at it until they get more info from GM headquarters. There were 3 others in service this morning for same issue at the dealer. All GMC but not all trucks. I've been loyal to GMC for years but not anymore. I've had engine problems and now this. I'm tired of bad service and poor quality control.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Yep… bought my 2017 Silverado used with 58k miles on it… day after I bought it the screen started randomly swiping and map moving on its own… also if I’m using apple play it will randomly mute or put my phone call on hold… took it back to dealer and the tech was aware of the issue in this model truck and told me there is a back order on new screens to replace it… then told me that if the screen comes in after my warranty runs out then it’s not covered!!! What a bunch of BULLS*HIT!