Concerns with 6 speed transmission vs 10 speed transmission?

31 minutes ago, Epsilon Plus said:

The biggest concern with the 10-speed will be the overall price. New owners will love the truck. For us 20-23 guys, you have to look at the monstrous price increases like someone offered to put bigger screens in your interior and a new trans for $5,000+ Would you say, "Sure! Great deal!" or keep driving the truck that's been doing just fine for you. I got my convivence package Z71 LT with a 51.5k MSRP for 48.9k right in the heart of the shortage (Nov 21). I don't see a fancy screen 10-speed LT leaving the dealer for that for a long time if ever. Dealer I bought mine from has a same optioned truck to mine but 23 coming in and the MSRP is $6,025 more. That's without the screens and 10-speed that's getting another increase for '24. Prayers for the new truck buyers out there.

I hear you on these prices.  I had a 2022 AT4 gas ordered in July of 21 and the fleet company I was working with could never secure enough allocation to fill my order.  Fast forward a year later and I needed to put something in service for my business.  Ended up finding a 23 SLE.  I paid about $6K more for that SLE than the original AT4 I had ordered (incentives for the AT4 at the time were much higher).  Needless to say I was not very happy.  

I told the dealer I was working with I might consider trading in the 23 for a 24 when they started taking orders.  So last week he built me another SLE and surprisingly it is gonna be cheaper than my 23 by a few hundred dollars.  I was kind of shocked as I figured it would be quite a bit higher, not cheaper.  Thinking I may order a 24 and just see what trade for my 23 will be when it shows up.  There is actually quite a bit of upgrades with the 24’s.  Biggest would be the 10 speed and the new interior but all trims come with Intellibeam (used to be an option package) you can get adaptive cruise now in the SLE and wireless Apple Car play.  From my research it looks like the SLE’s and SLT’s didn’t really take much of a price increase but the Denali’s and AT4’s did go up quite a bit.  The Denali ultimate starts at $100K now.  I think I’ve about priced myself out of an AT4.  They look awesome but probably can’t touch one for less than $70K in a gas now.  

But I have no complaints with the 23 other than I wished it had a few more options on it, hence why I was considering trading.  I am not real happy with them dropping the QuickSilver color either.  They replaced with a steel gray and I don’t care for it.  I used to always get white but kind of liked the QuickSliver so may just keep it.  

• 2 months later...
On 2/12/2023 at 6:46 AM, Doodle said:

I hear you on these prices.  I had a 2022 AT4 gas ordered in July of 21 and the fleet company I was working with could never secure enough allocation to fill my order.  Fast forward a year later and I needed to put something in service for my business.  Ended up finding a 23 SLE.  I paid about $6K more for that SLE than the original AT4 I had ordered (incentives for the AT4 at the time were much higher).  Needless to say I was not very happy.  

I told the dealer I was working with I might consider trading in the 23 for a 24 when they started taking orders.  So last week he built me another SLE and surprisingly it is gonna be cheaper than my 23 by a few hundred dollars.  I was kind of shocked as I figured it would be quite a bit higher, not cheaper.  Thinking I may order a 24 and just see what trade for my 23 will be when it shows up.  There is actually quite a bit of upgrades with the 24’s.  Biggest would be the 10 speed and the new interior but all trims come with Intellibeam (used to be an option package) you can get adaptive cruise now in the SLE and wireless Apple Car play.  From my research it looks like the SLE’s and SLT’s didn’t really take much of a price increase but the Denali’s and AT4’s did go up quite a bit.  The Denali ultimate starts at $100K now.  I think I’ve about priced myself out of an AT4.  They look awesome but probably can’t touch one for less than $70K in a gas now.  

But I have no complaints with the 23 other than I wished it had a few more options on it, hence why I was considering trading.  I am not real happy with them dropping the QuickSilver color either.  They replaced with a steel gray and I don’t care for it.  I used to always get white but kind of liked the QuickSliver so may just keep it.  

picked up a 23 HC for 7.5k off sticker.....in my area 24s have a markup as well.....not worth it to me as I already had the refresh in a 1500.....and for sure wouldnt be looking at the trim i have now, adaptive cruise is only option missing aside from 10spd and screen......ill get a 25 or 26 model when they redo the whole truck

this all may change in 6 months but then so will trade offers so.......

Just received my 2024 2500hd after trading in my 2021 GMC Sierra 2500hd. Boys and girls, I cannot emphasize this enough. THE 10 SPEED IS GOD-LIKE. Literally the best truck I've driven. Gearing is perfect and I cannot believe how much more efficient this truck is over my 6L90 - and I loved that truck. Complete game changer!!!

Dashboard is also a massive plus. Truck feels like a car inside to me. 

20230419_161912.jpg

Edited by the8rotor
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, the8rotor said:

Just received my 2024 2500hd after trading in my 2021 GMC Sierra 2500hd. Boys and girls, I cannot emphasize this enough. THE 10 SPEED IS GOD-LIKE. Literally the best truck I've driven. Gearing is perfect and I cannot believe how much more efficient this truck is over my 6L90 - and I loved that truck. Complete game changer!!!

Dashboard is also a massive plus. Truck feels like a car inside to me. 

20230419_161912.jpg

Congrats on the new ride. That front looks basically like the last one. So is it a custom then? That and the wt I don’t think changed on the front much. 

2 minutes ago, Pryme said:

Congrats on the new ride. That front looks basically like the last one. So is it a custom then? That and the wt I don’t think changed on the front much. 

Thanks! It's an LT with z71 and tow package and center console. I lost a few options from my SLE, but gained a few on the dash I didn't have with my GMC. I can't justify the 70k+ for the LTZs and up.

On 4/20/2023 at 11:57 PM, Jettech1 said:

I had a feeling that 10 speed would be a game changer.....along with that new infotainment system...damn...but not damn for those who are buying them...Awesome all!!! 

Just end the speculation…What color are you ordering??

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Pryme said:

He ordered black I’m sure. He plans to upload pictures of it to his new giant screen on the dash. 

On 4/22/2023 at 8:50 AM, CRApex said:

Just end the speculation…What color are you ordering??

Nah, I enjoy teasing myself... 😂