Motor Activates When I open Rear Door?

Hi guys, just got a ‘20 Silverado 1500 LTZ, love it! When I open the rear door after the truck has been off for a while, a motor activates that sounds like it might be from an electronic running board. The truck didn’t come with running boards (it was used, though). Is this noise normal? Any ideas of what it could be? I have to check and see if it does it when the engine is running, I guess. 

14 hours ago, rideit said:

Hi guys, just got a ‘20 Silverado 1500 LTZ, love it! When I open the rear door after the truck has been off for a while, a motor activates that sounds like it might be from an electronic running board. The truck didn’t come with running boards (it was used, though). Is this noise normal? Any ideas of what it could be? I have to check and see if it does it when the engine is running, I guess. 

What engine is in your truck?

If it is the 6.2 or 5.3, it is just the fuel system priming like other have said.

• 2 weeks later...

My brand new '21 Sierra does it, sounds like the fuel pump priming, but if not that, something spooling up.  Normal.

My old '07 Yukon has "spooling up" sounds when I open the driver's door.  The CD starts searching, etc.  They have been doing things like this for a long time.