GM doing away with auto stop on 6.2 trucks? Why

I have a 2020 Chevy Silverado RST. with 6.2 engine. It has the auto stop when you pull up to a stop sign. I see now you can't get that option on the 2022's. But it is still available on the 5.3 engine. I just wonder if anyone knows why they did away with it on the 6.2. I leave mine off most of the time anyway. But wondering if there was a problem with that feature on the 6.2's?

Yup as mentioned above.  No more heated/cooled seats either for 2022.

My new SLT (build date 10/21) has no backup sensors, side mirror indicators or DFM; but I still have start/stop.

GM's gotta do what it has to do in order to sell their vehicles.  

Not all, just select models.  Here is a 2021 Sierra Denali with all features just arrived at my local dealer, nothing omitted

ORDER NO ZNSN7R SALES CODE E
SALES MODEL CODE TK10543
DEALER NO 22514
FINAL ASSEMBLY: ROANOKE, IN U.S.A.
VIN 1GTU9FELXMZ357913
REISSUE

STANDARD EQUIPMENT SHOWN)
DENALI ULTIMATE PACKAGE 6,385.00
• HD SURROUND VISION WITH TWO
TRAILER CAMERA PROVISIONS
• REAR CAMERA MIRROR
• BED VIEW CAMERA
• MULTICOLOR HEAD-UP
DISPLAY
• FORWARD COLLISION ALERT
• LANE KEEP ASSIST WITH
LANE DEPARTURE WARNING
• AUTOMATIC EMERGENCY BRAKING
• FRONT PEDESTRIAN BRAKING
• INTELLIBEAM - AUTO HIGH BEAM
• ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL
• FOLLOWING DISTANCE INDICATOR
• POWER SUNROOF
• GMC MULTIPRO POWER STEPS
• 22" POLISHED ALUMINUM WHEELS
• WHEEL LOCKS, SET OF 4 (DEALER INSTALLED)
ENGINE: 6.2L ECOTEC3 V8 2,495.00
WITH DYNAMIC FUEL MANAGEMENT
ONYX BLACK 495.00
ALL-WEATHER FLOOR LINERS 210.00 (DEALER-INSTALLED)
GVWR 7,100 LBS. (3,221 KG) INC.
REAR AXLE 3.23 RATIO INC.
TOTAL OPTIONS $9,585.00
TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS $68,885.00
DESTINATION CHARGE 1,695.00
TOTAL BEFORE SAVINGS $70,580.00
DENALI ULTIMATE PACKAGE -500.00
DISCOUNT
TOTAL VEHICLE PRICE* $70,080.00

Edited by elcamino

The chip shortage mainly affects the options on the lower end builds.  There will be some higher end builds with options deleted, but GM is being selective about which models lose options.  The Cadillac lineup isn't loosing near the options that the lower end Silverados are, and there is a very simple reason for it.  💰

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

no one buys a 6.2 for fuel efficiency anyways, my 21 came with dfm and auto stop, disabled both with pulsar

would have rather saved  the money it cost them to put it in lol, i want to know how turbo motors handle that auto stop after a few years when that oil flow stops and the turbo is still wound out, atleast i still got the heated seats and steering wheel

2 hours ago, putz173 said:

no one buys a 6.2 for fuel efficiency anyways, my 21 came with dfm and auto stop, disabled both with pulsar

would have rather saved  the money it cost them to put it in lol, i want to know how turbo motors handle that auto stop after a few years when that oil flow stops and the turbo is still wound out, atleast i still got the heated seats and steering wheel

Father has 100k miles on a turbo diesel Audi with auto stop. No issues so far. It is tuned as well but not to disable auto stop just for power.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/5/2021 at 12:27 PM, Tanker 73 said:

I have a 2020 Chevy Silverado RST. with 6.2 engine. It has the auto stop when you pull up to a stop sign. I see now you can't get that option on the 2022's. But it is still available on the 5.3 engine. I just wonder if anyone knows why they did away with it on the 6.2. I leave mine off most of the time anyway. But wondering if there was a problem with that feature on the 6.2's?

Picking up my 2022 at4 today. Told me about no auto stop start I was thrilled and because of chip shortage they credit me with a whopping 50$. Jokes on them I’d pay a lot more to never have this

1 hour ago, Enis said:

Picking up my 2022 at4 today. Told me about no auto stop start I was thrilled and because of chip shortage they credit me with a whopping 50$. Jokes on them I’d pay a lot more to never have this

It's twice as funny when you think about it because it would cost 10x as much to have the functionality added compared to the credit they provide for it not being there.

1 hour ago, Gunndy Gaming said:

It's twice as funny when you think about it because it would cost 10x as much to have the functionality added compared to the credit they provide for it not being there.

No kidding, if I had to replace the chip (never would) definitely more then 50 bones, got the truck just a little bit ago, all that power is nice

• 2 weeks later...