High Mileage Club for the 5.3 and 6.2

Why only 5.3 and 6.2 in this thread...no love for the 2.7?

I'm gonna share anyways. 99,500 on my 2.7L equipped 2022 Silverado LTD Custom.

No major issues to date, other than the 2.7L consumes 1-2 quarts of oil over 5000 mile oil changes. I top it off as needed.

Diffs have been serviced twice, 8 speed transmission twice, transfer case twice. Every 50,000. Been a good truck.

Edited by fondupot

2 hours ago, fondupot said:

Why only 5.3 and 6.2 in this thread...no love for the 2.7?

I'm gonna share anyways. 99,500 on my 2.7L equipped 2022 Silverado LTD Custom.

No major issues to date, other than the 2.7L consumes 1-2 quarts of oil over 5000 mile oil changes. I top it off as needed.

Diffs have been serviced twice, 8 speed transmission twice, transfer case twice. Every 50,000. Been a good truck.

When did you purchase your 22? First I’ve seen with more miles than my 22, I purchased in April of 22, 80,700 miles now. 

41 minutes ago, Trail Manager said:

When did you purchase your 22? First I’ve seen with more miles than my 22, I purchased in April of 22, 80,700 miles now. 

My company bought this truck in January of 2022. My boss drove it for about 6 months and put ~33,000 miles on it during that time. I was given the truck in June-July 2022 and I've racked up the remaining ~66,500 miles on it. The truck is used for a lot of interstate travel to various job sites.

Fingers crossed it will last to 250,000 miles....

Edited by fondupot

2020 Z71 5.3 with an 8 speed transmission, purchased new - Approximately 122,000 Miles

Transmission fluid changed once by the dealer

Transfer case fluid changed once by me

Oil always changed according to the Oil Life Indicator on the dash by me

Oil:  Castrol EDGE w/Titanium

Filter:  FRAM Ultra Synthetic

Transmission and Transfer Case Fluid - Mobil 1 Blue Label

Edited by Gangly

66,000 on my 2022 LTD Silverado 5.3, Mobil 1 every 5000 miles. Had trans flush at dealer at 60,000.

Engine uses about a half quart every 3500 miles, but other than that no issues!

On 2/26/2024 at 12:21 PM, HapaTrailBoss said:

I made it to 80k miles on my 2020 6.2L lifter dropped, cam shredded. Needs an engine.

Who is gonna pay for this one?

2021 5.3 w/8 spd, X31.  47k miles, 90% local driving.  Other than lifter failure at about 12k miles its been great.  I do the oil with Mobil 1 about 4-5k miles.  Had professional shop service transmission at about 30k, and plan to do it every 2 years since I'll likely run the truck out to 150k or so miles.

19 High Country 6.2

96k miles so far it has been great only issue  is I had to replace the oil coolant lines they burst in the winter.  Trans fluid serviced at 75k and regular oil changes. 

2020 Silverado RST 1500 5.3L, 75K, only had a bearing on the top of the engine fail at 20K, ran it to 70K got it fixed now it runs like a dream

I have a 125,000 kms on a 2020 silverado 6.2 no major issues. Got all fluids flushed at 80k kms. So far just have s&b cold air intake and a j&l oil catch can. Exhaust and Pulsar LT are next on the list. I drive it in L9 instead of drive aswell so it doesn't switch into cylinder deactivation. 

I have a 125,000 kms on a 2020 silverado 6.2 no major issues. Got all fluids flushed at 80k kms. So far just have s&b cold air intake and a j&l oil catch can. Exhaust and Pulsar LT are next on the list. I drive it in L9 instead of drive aswell so it doesn't switch into cylinder deactivation.