new to the forum with a question, I just order a at4 6.2

hello everyone, I am calling all members that had both denali and AT4 ,I JUST ORDER A AT4  and I am reading online that   the ride quality is not good, or as good a SLT OR DENALY MODELS, I currently own a 2020 ram Laramie and this truck ride quality is pretty amazing, I guess my question is did I made a mistake ordering at4 vs SLT OR DENALY ?

THANKS, CHEERS !!

Define mistake.  You ordered a truck built with a stiffer suspension for driving offroad.  The Ram equivalent is the Rebel.  If you keep the AT4 and want a smother ride I suggest swapping the Rancho shocks for Bilstein.

2 minutes ago, Transient said:

Define mistake.  You ordered a truck built with a stiffer suspension for driving offroad.  The Ram equivalent is the Rebel.  If you keep the AT4 and want a smother ride I suggest swapping the Rancho shocks for Bilstein.

I think you have it backwards.  Off road suspension is always set up softer for more flex, rancho's ride a lot softer than bilsteins do.  Bilsteins are so stiff that whenever i ride in a truck with them i feel every damn bump and it sends sharp pains in my lower back.  

• Like 1

It will depend on tire size also. My old 19 denali had 22" rims and wasn't too inpressed with the ride. My current 21 AT4 has 18" tires and with the taller sidewall on the tires rides much better.

2 minutes ago, pokismoki said:

gm doesnt use rear sway bars either, this improves offroading....

get the 17'=18 rims this improves the shock response and sensitivity

I didnt even think to look underneath for sway bars.  So no sway bars at all in my truck? Thats very good to know, thats very good for off roading.  I always take sway bars off on my off road toys. 

2 minutes ago, pokismoki said:

the high end Denali uses mag-ride so it will function differently.. GM does use a Front swaybar.. these trucks all handle verywell for being 6000lbs behemoths

Hmm i guess its time to remove the front sway bar, as long as it doesnt affect my warranty. 

you can leave the bar installed, just remove end links and let it float, this way you dont risk stripping the threads in the frame for the bar mount clamps, you might be able to just leave one endlink installed and take out the other, this way its supported and not flopping about, but not connected for sway control

On 4/6/2022 at 2:56 PM, Anon12345 said:

I think you have it backwards.  Off road suspension is always set up softer for more flex, rancho's ride a lot softer than bilsteins do.  Bilsteins are so stiff that whenever i ride in a truck with them i feel every damn bump and it sends sharp pains in my lower back.  

You're correct.  I misspoke.  On these trucks, the ride with the Ranchos is very bouncy.  Many people have switched over to Bilstein and love the improved ride quality.  I have the factory 18s on my Trail Boss with the 6.2 and have found the onroad handling to be bouncy.  Tires are at the factory recommended air pressure.

Edited by Transient

32 minutes ago, Transient said:

You're correct.  I misspoke.  On these trucks, the ride with the Ranchos is very bouncy.  Many people have switched over to Bilstein and love the improved ride quality.  I have the factory 18s on my Trail Boss with the 6.2 and have found the onroad handling to be bouncy.  Tires are at the factory recommended air pressure.

I agree, ranchos are bouncy. But they are a much softer and more comfortable ride once you get over the bounciness, plus i love how ranchos allow more flex than bilsteins do.  Bilsteins are overrated and overhyped. 

On 4/6/2022 at 5:20 PM, Saso said:

hello everyone, I am calling all members that had both denali and AT4 ,I JUST ORDER A AT4  and I am reading online that   the ride quality is not good, or as good a SLT OR DENALY MODELS, I currently own a 2020 ram Laramie and this truck ride quality is pretty amazing, I guess my question is did I made a mistake ordering at4 vs SLT OR DENALY ?

THANKS, CHEERS !!

I had a '16 Denali with 20" wheels.  Now I have a '21 AT4 with 20" wheels.  Difference is tires a little louder, maybe a bit bouncier.  AT4 feels more sporty to me.  However, Denali rode very smooth and I'd say the AT4 is still a nice ride.  

My AT4 w/6.2L has been great.  I have 11k miles on it.  Knock wood. 

32 minutes ago, GullLakeMi said:

I had a '16 Denali with 20" wheels.  Now I have a '21 AT4 with 20" wheels.  Difference is tires a little louder, maybe a bit bouncier.  AT4 feels more sporty to me.  However, Denali rode very smooth and I'd say the AT4 is still a nice ride.  

My AT4 w/6.2L has been great.  I have 11k miles on it.  Knock wood. 

thanks ..