is anyone using this oil? from my long time car expirinace and also reading about oils over the years the oils with high moly reduces a engine noise and also preventing lifters from sticking ,this schaeffers oil have like 320PPM of money and average oils is around 60ppm , also redline oil is very high on moly , I did use redline one time in my ram and yes the hemi was smoother than normally have never use schaeffer's b4, if you have any experience with this oil I would love to read your post. thanks.

by the way here is what is in schaeffers oil

Screen Shot 2022-05-08 at 8.16.08 AM.png

Edited by Saso

Schaeffer Oil founded in 1839 I think is  the oldest continuously operating lubricant company in US.  They made wagon wheel grease for settlers heading west. Production facilities are still right next door to Anheuser Busch since that same time.  Valvoline 1866 for a comparo. 

Their head formulator Larry Ludwig  is a long time professional acquaintance.  https://www.schaefferoil.com/05-10-18-ludwig-5-10-18.html

They aren't analytically same old stuff for sure.  

They are the only company that uses high quality finely milled PTFE and some more advanced versions of Teflon that makes up their patented additive called Micron-Moly. 

Antimony, MOTDC ; Naphthalene,  and PTFE are unique to their formulations. 

They are one of the few mom and pop companies remaining that like Amsoil, MPT maybe, that actually do some unique formulations.  

Larry does such a good job with this additive mix that GRP II+, GRP III, PAO oils behave much more stable over a longer drain than one would think.  When they still used GRP I oils those oils did better than many synthetics in good science based oil analysis. 

I wish people here would use our site sponsor  Nick's  ( BLACK02SILVERADO) Iso Certified Advanced Oil Analysis  instead of the partial testing we see in the Bklabs work.  The Bklabs, ALS, Polaris, other brands data is not complete in breadth of testing so you can't get a full picture of condition of unit tested or engine oil either. 

• Like 1

• Big_Kahuna changed the title to Schaeffer's oil

the impotence of moly

Molybdenum Disulfide

Molybdenum is a very hard metal with a number of industrial uses.
It is combined with chromium in steel to make the steel harder and more resistant to bending. Most of the bicycle frames produced today use chromium and molybdenum steel. Because the steel is so much harder, the manufacturers can use less, thereby making the frame lighter.

Molybdenum Disulfide (Moly) has been used for decades in lubricating pastes and greases because it is slippery and forms a protective coating on metal parts.

Moly exists as microscopic hexagonal crystal platelets Several molecules make up one of these platelets. A single molecule of Moly contains two sulfur atoms and one molybdenum atom. Moly platelets are attracted to metal surfaces. This attraction and the force of moving engine parts rubbing across one another provide the necessary thermochemical reaction necessary for Moly to form an overlapping protective coating like armor on all of your engine parts. This protective armor coating has a number of properties that are very beneficial for your engine.

The Moly platelets that make up the protective layers on your engine surfaces slide across one another very easily. Instead of metal rubbing against metal, you have Moly platelets moving across one another protecting and lubricating the metal engine parts.

This coating effectively fills in the microscopic pores that cover the surface of all engine parts, making them smoother. This feature is important in providing an effective seal on the combustion chamber. By filling in the craters and pores Moly improves this seal allowing for more efficient combustion and engine performance.

squeeze4.png

This overlapping coating of Moly also gives protection against loading (perpendicular) forces.  These forces occur on the bearings, and lifters. The high pressures that occur between these moving parts tend to squeeze normal lubricants out.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2022 at 11:56 AM, customboss said:

I wish people here would use our site sponsor  Nick's  ( BLACK02SILVERADO) Iso Certified Advanced Oil Analysis  instead of the partial testing we see in the Bklabs work.  The Bklabs, ALS, Polaris, other brands data is not complete in breadth of testing so you can't get a full picture of condition of unit tested or engine oil either. 

I've used Blackstone Labs for a couple of oil changes (waiting on the second report now) since I started using Amsoil for my 3.0 Duramax.

I see testing kits on the Amsoil site here: https://www.amsoil.com/c/oil-analysis/102/, but I do not see anything about where it goes/who performs the testing.

3 hours ago, Dejadoo said:

I've used Blackstone Labs for a couple of oil changes (waiting on the second report now) since I started using Amsoil for my 3.0 Duramax.

I see testing kits on the Amsoil site here: https://www.amsoil.com/c/oil-analysis/102/, but I do not see anything about where it goes/who performs the testing.

Oil Analyzers is AMSOIL's analysis program. The sample is sent to Polaris Labs.

If you want a better report that goes more in depth let me know.  More information here Synthetic Advantage ISO certified Oil Analysis

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Black02Silverado said:

Oil Analyzers is AMSOIL's analysis program. The sample is sent to Polaris Labs.

If you want a better report that goes more in depth let me know.  More information here Synthetic Advantage ISO certified Oil Analysis

Bump from above and from my experience in oil analysis world for 42 years.

If your SAMPLE ARRIVES at the lab in the am and sometimes in PM Nick will have your data out THAT DAY.  No other in the business does that for us little people.....LOL  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1