New 2022 Sierra AT4 with 35" Tires (No Lift) and Borla Quad tip exhaust

I originally wanted the Denali Ultimate, but it wasn't available to order. Then I Ordered an AT4X, but it was going to take 4-5 months to build and deliver, but no guarantee. So I changed my order to a fully loaded AT4 that was dealer ordered with the engine and color I wanted. So I was able to get it in a month. I was planning on changing the rear bumper on the AT4X to the one from AT4, so I could have exhaust with quad tips. I realized that I didn't really need the AT4X  because the main difference is the lockers and suspension, as I wouldn't take it rock crawling or serious off-roading for the departure angles to matter. 

Engine - 6.2l (Read somewhere that GM has stopped the production of the 6.2L V8 Engines until next year or possibly longer. Lucky to have mine, just before the announcement) 

TIRES - 305/55R22 (35.2inch tall by 12 inch wide)- Nitto Recon Grappler Tires

WHEELS - GMC 22 Inch Aluminum 5-Split-Spoke Wheel - Part# 84799395

EXHAUST - BORLA S-Type with Quad Exhaust tips - Part# 140774BC

My next upgrade is adding the GMC kicker subwoofer to the truck.

Truck exhaust sounds really good! So glad I went with that exhaust. No drone, Quad tips look better than the HDMI exhaust tips.

Wheel and tires are actually smidge taller than 35inch. Toyo Open Country 35X12.5X22 are actually 34.5 inch tall, they have an easier time fitting than these Nitto Recon Grapplers. 

The weight of the Stock 275/65R18 tires and wheels was 80lbs.

The weight of the new 305/55R22 tires with 22inch GMC wheels are about 106lbs.

Difference of 27lbs extra per wheel. Which isn't as bad as I thought it would be.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Let me know, if the pictures don't show up.

Edited by GM90
  • Like 4

Looks good!  I opted for the GM catback and intake along with Grabber A/TX LT305/55R20.  Big weight penalty over factory for sure.  Massacres gas mileage.  Before 20-23 was no problem at 75.  Now lucky to get 17 over the course of a tank at those speeds.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, calgator73 said:

Looks good!  I opted for the GM catback and intake along with Grabber A/TX LT305/55R20.  Big weight penalty over factory for sure.  Massacres gas mileage.  Before 20-23 was no problem at 75.  Now lucky to get 17 over the course of a tank at those speeds.

The GM catback is supposably the Borla Touring exhaust. I went with a little more aggressive S-type. I can't even imagine the Atak exhaust. That would get old quick.

I haven't driven it much on the new tires to see the fuel difference. One of my gripes is 90L tank. My F150 had 130L tank.

Edited by GM90

3 hours ago, reverse said:

Looks great, but what color is it? Hard to tell if it’s black due to some of the reflections or titanium that looks black when it’s overcast.

It's titanium. Apparently I was the first guy to get that color it in western Canada. Glad it turned out to be a fantastic choice. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, z28tranz said:

The truck looks great, wheels and tires definitely make it look killer. 

Yea for sure. People give it a second look and ive been asked a few times what options those wheels are. Unfortunately GM doesn't offer 35s from factory.

19 hours ago, FJB said:

truck looks great, question, how do you like the wide side steps? I have order those for my new truck but I start to think that they look little out of place ....

I really like these steps. They were part of the premium package I believe.

I'm coming from auto-deploying steps on F150, and compared to those these are narrower.

On 6/25/2022 at 4:05 PM, GM90 said:

Yea for sure. People give it a second look and ive been asked a few times what options those wheels are. Unfortunately GM doesn't offer 35s from factory.

I originally ordered my 22 AT4 in this color before I switched to the Desert Sand.