Chrome mirror caps on a High Country

First off I'm an anti black everything out guy. I like chrome. I'm also going to be 60 in a month so I'm old school.

I'm thinking about swapping out the black color matched mirror caps to chrome. Not that I don't like the black, but I like chrome more.

What's the consensus on here, black or chrome?

Screenshot_20220629-153312_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20220629-154108_Photos.jpg

Edited by dieselfan1
  • Like 1

Chrome for me. I know a lot of people going back chrome and taking off black wheels etc. A lot of black outs has run it's course. To me, it's always a breath of fresh air to see chrome. Some like black out; I don't. You'll never have bug etchings on the chrome caps like paint. Show us a pic if you swap.

20220528_191509.jpg

Edited by mafd2
  • Like 2

Personally, I hate chrome. Never have liked it. I have chrome on my truck now that one day will not be there, to include the mirror caps. Luckily those are like 100 bucks to get the red ones to match. The pain in the butt will be the door handles. If there was someone in my area that wanted chrome wheels, Id probably swap them lol

I love chrome. Always have and always will. I choose this time to go half and half with my wheels, because of the winter weather we get here in Iowa.  I like them but don’t love them. A 22 or 24 inch chrome snowflake wheel will be on my truck in the future. 

Edited by TNTSilverado
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, dieselfan1 said:

First off I'm an anti black everything out guy. I like chrome. I'm also going to be 60 in a month so I'm old school.

I'm thinking about swapping out the black color matched mirror caps to chrome. Not that I don't like the black, but I like chrome more.

What's the consensus on here, black or chrome?

Screenshot_20220629-153312_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20220629-154108_Photos.jpg

I'm like you, I like the chrome on the LTZ and High Country trucks. And I'm almost 1/2 your age (37)

16 hours ago, mafd2 said:

Chrome for me. I know a lot of people going back chrome and taking off black wheels etc. A lot of black outs has run it's course. To me, it's always a breath of fresh air to see chrome. Some like black out; I don't. You'll never have bug etchings on the chrome caps like paint. Show us a pic if you swap.

20220528_191509.jpg

Where did you find those wheels? Are they GM wheels? Those look great.

1 hour ago, mjonesjr84 said:

I'm like you, I like the chrome on the LTZ and High Country trucks. And I'm almost 1/2 your age (37)

Where did you find those wheels? Are they GM wheels? Those look great.

Thanks. They are Trail Boss replicas in 22".  Beautiful finush and balanced out perfect. I love them. 

20220403_133322.jpg

Edited by mafd2
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Dirk13 said:

I would have traded you for the chrome ones off my 2022 high country. 

I'd be happy to sell these to you  for $75 I'll pay shipping. 

These are mint, 5500 miles, 2022 LTD, mosaic black and have xpel on them.

The chrome caps should be here any day

1 hour ago, mafd2 said:

Thanks. They are Trail Boss replicas in 22".  Beautiful finush and balanced out perfect. I love them. 

Where did you get them from? I'd like a set in 20's.

42 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

I'd be happy to sell these to you  for $75 I'll pay shipping. 

These are mint, 5500 miles, 2022 LTD, mosaic black and have xpel on them.

The chrome caps should be here any day

Thanks, that’s a good price, it probably cost at least that to have them PPF’d. I’d take you up on it but I just got a set of plain black ones here locally. While black is fine, ultimately I’d like a set of color matched ones but it doesn’t look like they are doing it anymore. 

41 minutes ago, Dirk13 said:

Thanks, that’s a good price, it probably cost at least that to have them PPF’d. I’d take you up on it but I just got a set of plain black ones here locally. While black is fine, ultimately I’d like a set of color matched ones but it doesn’t look like they are doing it anymore. 

Why would you think that? If I go to the Chevy Accessory site, I can get a painted set for mine for $100.