So I’ve had this issue with the screen displaying “waiting for media update” on it. I can’t control the radio with the screen or controls.. I can only with control the radio with the steering wheel and the back up camera still comes on when in reverse but I tried everything I disconnected the battery for long time and saw a lot of different videos and posts and nothing worked. Finally took it to the dealership and paid 165 for the diagnostics and turns out it’s the HMI module but they don’t know exactly what is wrong with it so they wanted to replace it for 950 on top of the 165 so I said pass. Do it my self but this link  https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2017/MC-10139097-9999.pdf Says to cycle the power by disconnecting the hmi fuse but don’t know where that’s at! Anyone know ??? Help 

74D144C8-3A27-4E3E-A147-A1ED73BB3F9C.jpeg

Edited by José Daniel Gonzalez

I gave it all a try all the fuses that have to do with the radio/hmi module and disconnected the battery. Nothing worked so I’m just going to replaced the hmi module myself it’s super easy to get to and remove I took it out once already to look at it. So I found some used ones on eBay and some websites where they preprogram them for you by giving them your truck info once you buy it. Waaay cheaper than the dealership. So I’m going to be doing that this coming week

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I know this is old but I've had a unit do that a few times (usually my fault lol).  I'm sure you've replaced it by now but if you get the USB media to reload it, sometimes it'll come back to life.  It would still need to be calibrated by SPS.

Edited by fonsech

• 6 months later...