Retrofit of Missing Options

I spoke to the service manager at my local GM dealer after my first oil change the other day and mentioned how glad I was my truck (2021 LTZ) wasn't missing any options I would have to wait to get the retrofit for.  He mentioned they were expecting to start getting the modules in the next month or so.  Apparently they have to change the entire module (not just the "chip") for the affected option to restore its function.  I imagine that will include any missing buttons as well. 

I did ask him if that could be accomplished at any GM dealer or if it would have to be done at the dealer from where the vehicle was purchased.  I wanted to know because my work bought a new Silverado that is missing the heated/venilated seats and we purchased that truck in Utah.  He told me that we would have to go to the dealer in Utah to get the work accomplished because that was how GM was planning on keeping everything straight.  We're currently working in North Dakota, so it looks like we'll be making a road trip!  Just wanted to pass along what I heard.  Hopefully there's actually some light at the end of the tunnel!

12 hours ago, Dirk13 said:

I don’t believe that’s correct. You should be able to get retrofits done at any dealer.

I would think this is correct.

They would likely want to track the history it in the warranty system, so dealer wouldn't matter.

I just purchased my leased from my dealer. While there I asked about the only 22 they had and the missing options. What I was told by the salesmen was they are telling people that purchase these trucks is that parts will be available in the 4th quarter of this year. However he said they have done a few retrofits already. He also said that you should get a letter from GM telling you where to take the truck to get this done as it may not be at the dealer you bought it from. GM may have you listed as the Utah dealer being the one local to you unfortunately. As stated above I would think that any dealer with the parts need for the retrofit could be able to install them for you. I'd stop by the nearest dealer to you and just talk to the service manager one day about this issue. The least he could say is no we can't do that.

• 3 months later...

We finally received the letter that our work truck's VIN was eligible for the retrofit.  Since we bought the truck in Utah, we thought we would have to go there for the work, but it did turn out that wasn't the case.  The local dealer here in North Dakota ordered the parts and we're scheduled for next week.  We bought the truck in January, so it took 11 months to finally receive (pending) the retrofit.

On 11/17/2022 at 5:30 PM, JohnMr19 said:

We finally received the letter that our work truck's VIN was eligible for the retrofit.  Since we bought the truck in Utah, we thought we would have to go there for the work, but it did turn out that wasn't the case.  The local dealer here in North Dakota ordered the parts and we're scheduled for next week.  We bought the truck in January, so it took 11 months to finally receive (pending) the retrofit.

That's great you don't have to take an unnecessary drive but daaang almost a year later for the retrofit..

• Like 1

Just ran across this video after doing a search on YouTube about the retrofit items on the 2022 vehicles.  This was posted 8 days ago and probably the most upfront information that I have seen on the subject.  Hopefully they can get these all taken care of by the end of the first quarter of 2023.  Looks like this dealer is located somewhere in central Missouri.  Just thought I would post it for those who are waiting for their chips.  I did talk to my sales man that sold me my truck and he look-up my VIN# and said mine was not up for this yet.  Maybe I'll get letter for Christmas!  Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I'm sure (at least I would hope) that others are getting their retrofit heated seats installed by now.  Just got my truck back today from the install and had the oil changed while it was there.  Now, the question is if anyone has gotten their heated steering wheel done yet?

I heard they have started steering wheel retrofits and once those are 100% available (like the seats are now) they will start doing parking sensors. 

So glad to have my seats now! Park sensors are less impactful so not itching for them as much