NO SPORT MODE !?

Are you saying that a 'refreshed' AT4 doesn't have sport mode but the pre-refresh AT4 does?

Refresh OM does say:

Drive mode availability and affected vehicle
subsystems are dependent upon vehicle trim
level, region, and optional features.

22 refresh owners manual does also have sport mode listed as one of the ones that may be available. 

Just curious if the refreshed truck you're asking about is also an AT4

My last few vehicles have, had sports mode even the CRV. Basically it drops a gear for slightly quicker response. Depending on vehicle and if you have electric power steering it can change the feel. Same if you have active exhaust. The more expensive vehicle and different brands have different engagements. My personal favorite was the option of adding E-85 putting in a caned tune using manual mode and shifting myself. The fine art of personal engagement is being reduced to buttons that really don’t do much. Depending on brand. I rather have the stick shift option. But if we’re reduced to buttons I’ll use it. If you don’t have the button tow-haul is about the same if you can’t figure out manual mode. Of course that could be gone too. It’s been awhile since I test drove a new truck.

17 hours ago, Big_Kahuna said:

I see the new models dont have a sport mode, I made just mine done have, I know when I test drove a 2020 at4 had a sport mode, anyone know why they don put sort mode in the new ones?

My refresh 2022 2.7T Silverado has sport mode.  I seem to recall reading something about it missing on refresh AT4?  

Edited by newdude
  • Like 1

AT4/Trail Boss (refreshed) came without it depending on which tires were on the truck when built. Trucks with 20” wheels seem to have it.

all other trims have sport mode still. 

Edited by Dirk13

• 2 weeks later...

well I have a refresh custom 4x 2.7 that came with 20" and haven't seen sport mode anywhere, I'll have a look next time a drive and see if I can find it, not that I care, I would have gone for a camaro if needed more zip zang than this thing has already 😉

19 hours ago, 4banger said:

well I have a refresh custom 4x 2.7 that came with 20" and haven't seen sport mode anywhere, I'll have a look next time a drive and see if I can find it, not that I care, I would have gone for a camaro if needed more zip zang than this thing has already 😉

Customs don't.  They don't have the full drive mode settings.  LT and higher trims will.  

The drive mode knob is either tow/haul on or off.  

14 hours ago, Silverado4x4 said:

You're really not missing nothing if you don't have sport mode, I have it and its nothing to write home about and never really understood why it would be in a truck anyway.

Exactly what Silverado4x4 said. You can barely tell a difference. My current truck is the first vehicle I've owned that had a sport mode. Recently I rented a car that had a sport mode... It was night and day difference going from normal to sport mode. In the truck, you can tell is shifts quicker, but that is it. You are not missing anything.

17 hours ago, Silverado4x4 said:

You're really not missing nothing if you don't have sport mode, I have it and its nothing to write home about and never really understood why it would be in a truck anyway.

Makes me wonder if I’m missing anything not having the “Off-road” mode? 

My brain says I’m not because I don’t go off-road.  

My heart says I need this feature just in case.