2022+ Refreshed annoyances

Just wondering what annoyances I’m going to encounter with the new High Country? I went from a 2019 HC to a 2021 Denali and was greeted with bonus safety features, such as a warning on the DIC every time I set my cruise control because I have my adaptive cruise disabled. I wonder what other surprises I’m going to find on the “refreshed” model. I heard that you can not put the vehicle in drive without buckling the seat belt.. Any other wonderful little things like that?

1 hour ago, Camstyn said:

Just wondering what annoyances I’m going to encounter with the new High Country? I went from a 2019 HC to a 2021 Denali and was greeted with bonus safety features, such as a warning on the DIC every time I set my cruise control because I have my adaptive cruise disabled. I wonder what other surprises I’m going to find on the “refreshed” model. I heard that you can not put the vehicle in drive without buckling the seat belt.. Any other wonderful little things like that?

The built-in Google nav won't work without some sort of data plan.  It has "offline" mode but that is ONLY if the GPS signal is lost.  We've had to tell people to just use their phone and Apple Carplay/Android auto and use Google maps or Waze instead.  

Each icon on the dash screen takes 10 seconds to load the first time you open but then work super fast after that. 

I hope you don't need a 12V outlet for a charger.

Edited by newdude

30 minutes ago, newdude said:

The built-in Google nav won't work without some sort of data plan.  It has "offline" mode but that is ONLY if the GPS signal is lost.  We've had to tell people to just use their phone and Apple Carplay/Android auto and use Google maps or Waze instead.  

Each icon on the dash screen takes 10 seconds to load the first time you open but then work super fast after that. 

I hope you don't need a 12V outlet for a charger.

So the built-in Google Maps won’t work if I use my hotspot on my phone to give the system a data?

Edit: Never mind, I think I read it too fast.   Seems like it is any data plan, a hotspot from the phone or Onstar.  

Edited by SilveradoRST

15 hours ago, SilveradoRST said:

So the built-in Google Maps won’t work if I use my hotspot on my phone to give the system a data?

Edit: Never mind, I think I read it too fast.   Seems like it is any data plan, a hotspot from the phone or Onstar.  

I've never tried with a hotspot (I've got Onstar Premium which gets the connected nav) so I can't speak for it, but I think it would work?  

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, SilveradoRST said:

yes it works with hotspot but uses tons a data. if you have unlimited data then not a big deal but even so I use android auto on mine when traveling, its so much easier than worrying about hotspot and you phone heating up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The speed limit sign are very inconsistent.  I have a data plan on my GMC, so it isn't an issues of not having the data.  Sometimes I will drive for 20 minutes or more before the speed limit sign starts showing any data. Otherwise, I miss the lock/unlock button on the rear doors as well as the footwell lighting my 2022 Tahoe had.  

8 hours ago, Cabinetman said:

The speed limit sign are very inconsistent.  I have a data plan on my GMC, so it isn't an issues of not having the data.  Sometimes I will drive for 20 minutes or more before the speed limit sign starts showing any data. Otherwise, I miss the lock/unlock button on the rear doors as well as the footwell lighting my 2022 Tahoe had.  

I regularly drive on a couple roads that do not have speed limit signs (so the default speed for rural 2 lane is in effect).

On these roads, my '21 doesn't not show speed limit signs either.

Speed limit on pre-refresh is is a database in the nav.  There are a few places (with signs) I travel where the speed limit has changed -- and the truck displays the previous speed limit. 

If I turn of a road with posted limits onto one without posted limits -- the sing display disappears -- even it the posted speed was the same as the 'default' speed on the road now being driven.

No sure how it is done with the 'google' system on the new trucks. 

Perhaps it is a similar situation? 

I rarely fire up the phone based nav.  I do use the truck based nav sometimes.

I do have the dash (and heads up) display settings set-up so the speed limit, current speed and set cruise speed are all displayed. 

Edited by redwngr

2 hours ago, Z71_2500 said:

The glare sunshine reflection off the left vent on the dash. Mine catches the sun just right at times and puts a reflection in the window and then the mirror looks odd.. needs a black piece of tape across it. 

Every vehicle I've ever driven will have a situation where driving direction/time/sun angle can have this issue.

Sometimes its the hood, sometimes it's a piece of trim somewhere.

Super annoying when it happens -- especially if it's a regular occurrence on a daily commute.