IOR to IOU radio upgrade problems

I recently did the Wams high country cluster upgrade and then did the infotainment.com IOR to IOU upgrade.

Everything works except the navigation and speed signs and music and phone menus won't show on the cluster.

I talked to Wams and they said they should without reprogramming and it's a problem with the infotainment.com upgrade.

Has anyone else done these upgrades and do the menus show on your cluster?

This is a very complex upgrade/undertaking. I have never heard of anyone who has been able to complete this swap without numerous problems. Your IOR equipped truck was designed for an IOR radio-not an IOU radio, no wireless carplay, no wireless android auto etc. I would love to upgrade my IOR radio but everything I have read or heard says that the software in an IOR truck is not compatible with an IOU radio. I will not say that this is impossible but extremally difficult and very expensive. I would contact Infotainment.com not Wams and make this their problem or get your money back.

If you can complete this upgrade please post about it on this forum. A lot of us would like to hear how it was done and what is involved.

Infotainment has a package that allows the upgrade...with one HUGE caveat: You lose OnStar services, including app support. I personally don't give two sh!ts about OnStar, but I use the app to remote start all the time. 

https://www.infotainment.com/collections/all/products/2019-2022-silverado-sierra-ior-to-iou-gps-navigation-wireless-carplay-auto-upgrade?variant=39621378965540

Edited by Method2Madness

• 1 month later...
On 12/5/2022 at 1:13 PM, Method2Madness said:

Infotainment has a package that allows the upgrade...with one HUGE caveat: You lose OnStar services, including app support. I personally don't give two sh!ts about OnStar, but I use the app to remote start all the time. 

https://www.infotainment.com/collections/all/products/2019-2022-silverado-sierra-ior-to-iou-gps-navigation-wireless-carplay-auto-upgrade?variant=39621378965540

I have the system. You DO NOT run into issues with the "myChevrolet" for lock, unlock, remote start etc. So far I've ran into OnStar in the radio not cooperating but their working on it. They may have a solution that one of their harnesses (the one pertaining to onStar was "pinned" wrong and they have a solution for that so far. I'll still give it a couple days to see if it settles itself out from the fix I did that they mentioned.

As far as the cluster issues I can't speak of because I have yet to get the upgraded cluster, but I was / am thinking of getting it. 

If I do hopefully there is a solution or fix for those issues soon as well. 

• Like 1