22 1500 Custom

The jump seat top console storage won't open. It was working fine after raising and lowering the seat for the first couple days and now it wont unlatch as if it is in the up position. Anyone had the same issue or know of a fix?

On 12/12/2022 at 2:16 PM, Armand Joyal said:

22 1500 Custom

The jump seat top console storage won't open. It was working fine after raising and lowering the seat for the first couple days and now it wont unlatch as if it is in the up position. Anyone had the same issue or know of a fix?

This is certainly not what we like to hear, Armand Joyal.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2022 Silverado 1500. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: Armand Joyal/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s Privacy Policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html. The information you provide may be monitored and recorded and is subject to the GM Privacy Statement.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

• 3 weeks later...

This has happened to me on my brand new 2022 Sierra SLT less than two weeks after delivery. Is this a defect in design?  I have not been able to get mine open.  Luckily I do not have any valuebles in there, but there are some things I would like to get out of there.  Most importantly, this should not happen 10 days after delivery.

On 12/23/2022 at 4:54 PM, Armand Joyal said:

I got my answer in another forum. The latch lock that wedges in between the front of the latch when the seat is put up got stuck. Was able to make a small hook out of wire and  disengaged it.

Hi, can you let me know what forum that was?  My brand new SLT has a stuck console cover.  Thank you. 

4 hours ago, KLWhite said:

Hi, can you let me know what forum that was?  My brand new SLT has a stuck console cover.  Thank you. 

The "fix" he found may not help you. Since he has the jump seat console storage and you with an SLT (like me) have the full console. His looks like it was it was stuck locked so you can't open the lid while the console is in the up (seat back) position.

On 1/11/2023 at 10:09 PM, KLWhite said:

This has happened to me on my brand new 2022 Sierra SLT less than two weeks after delivery. Is this a defect in design?  I have not been able to get mine open.  Luckily I do not have any valuebles in there, but there are some things I would like to get out of there.  Most importantly, this should not happen 10 days after delivery.

This is certainly not what we like to hear, KLWhite.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2022 GMC Sierra SLT. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: KLWhite/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s Privacy Policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html. The information you provide may be monitored and recorded and is subject to the GM Privacy Statement.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

Had that happen to my buddy's '99, my '05 +'06. once i got it opened with lots of fidgeting, I applied dry graphite to the latch mechanism + it worked fine ever since-I still have the 2005 Silverado!!

• 2 months later...