Jump Seat Conversion Help

22GMC 3500 Denali Ultimate 

I want to swap console for black leather jump seat. 

Dealer says 2-3k parts plus $1500 labor.

Can I order a used jump seat with rear vents or do I need other items. Seat belt attached to seat?

Is it easy to swap over? A few seat/floor bolts, attach vents and it is in?

the seat belt for the jump seat is built into the seat, so you're good there.  I believe you take the seats out and the jump seat base uses the same mounting points as the seat bases.  You'd obviously have vent hookups already from having the center console, but I'm unsure of what connections would be different between the console vents vs jump seat vents.  Sorry I couldn't be of much help, but I don't think it would be too bad of a swap for you; it's going the reverse direction that people have more trouble with locating all the parts to swap to full console.  Once you pull console out I believe you'll need a different lower dash trim piece as well.  Look through the modification section in the 2019-2023 half ton threads.  I know there are some posts in there about making the swap that could help you some.

awesome, that was a great video.  Good to know the front seats don't have to come out to install the jump seat like on prior gen trucks.  I've been looking into the swaps both ways just to get an idea of what wiring was involved as I'm trying to add power to the rear of my jump seat for usb/12v plug since my Custom model doesn't have anything back there from factory.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...