Center console to radio harness

Does anyone have access to GM harness schematics? Trying to find the correct harness that goes from the center console to the dash (infotainment system). Installed the center console with storage, cigarette lighters and USB ports and would like to use the factory harness without having to cut and splice. Or does anyone have access to just the plug and I can add my own pins?

20210915_143535.jpg

20210916_155110.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will open a can of worms.  There's over half a dozen numbers, some old numbers that direct to new numbers.  What is needed to help you is to know exactly what you have, and what you're looking for.  The harness you're looking for info on is part of the harness that connects to everything in the center console, including rear seat USB and the key fob reader in the center of the front cup holders.  To get you the right info we will need to know if you have rear heated seats, wireless phone charging, and center console SD card port.

Btw, I recently upgraded to wireless phone charging.  My truck had the harness with no rear heated seats, no wireless phone charging, and yes to SD card reader in center console.  If this is what you're looking for, not only could I answer your questions with pics, but I could also sell you the harness. 

Edited by Transient

On my 19  the center console USB ports on the rear are powered from the harness under the pass. seat, the electronics inside the console are powered from the USB port on the dash with an extension harness, USB port on the dash needs to be swapped to a different one for the ext. harness to plug into it.

So my truck is a 2020 work truck, no power anything accept for the locks and windows.  7" infotainment code IOR, on the dash below the radio it has a USB and a type c USB(which has the dual mini USB ports on the back and a plug with 3 wires). I installed a center console from an older silverado that has the storage compartment and the arm rest storage compartment, it has a cig lighter on the rear near the floor and one in the arm rest along with a dual USB and headphone(aux in). I also purchased the USB port that has a USB/USB C AND SD card slot on the front and a mini USB and power plug on the back, which I want to install in place of the dual USB/aux in in the arm rest location.

15 hours ago, flat350 said:

On my 19  the center console USB ports on the rear are powered from the harness under the pass. seat, the electronics inside the console are powered from the USB port on the dash with an extension harness, USB port on the dash needs to be swapped to a different one for the ext. harness to plug into it.

Mine does have the dual mini USB ports on the back which I ran the other port to the other USB module along with power. Doing that shutdown the USB input along with the Bluetooth module. It all stopped working until I disconnected the battery from the truck and let it reset(about 20 min). I put it back to factory and it worked again. Haven't had time to mess with it in a few days....

• 1 month later...

I have a 2021 Elevation 2WD. and dont have any ports in my center console. Would like to add data ports. Thinking I can somehow splice into the ones up front and make a harness for it for a clean install. Does anyone have information on how I can do this? I want to do it and plug in the usb wireless carplay for a clean look. I know the OEM GM Part number for the console ports is 13529862. I dont know the connector that connects into it. 

I have a 2021 Elevation 2WD. and dont have any ports in my center console. Would like to add data ports. Thinking I can somehow splice into the ones up front and make a harness for it for a clean install. Does anyone have information on how I can do this? I want to do it and plug in the usb wireless carplay for a clean look. I know the OEM GM Part number for the console ports is 13529862. I dont know the connector that connects into it. 

On 9/23/2021 at 8:48 AM, flat350 said:

Do you know the new port numbers and the part number for the harness ext? Trying to add data ports to my center console. 

• 1 month later...

I have a ‘19 Sierra that I added a centre console to from a ‘19 AT4 that had wireless charging and rear seat heat. I harness from the dash to the wireless charging didn’t come with the console so I’m trying to figure out if I get that harness (dash to wireless charging) will that also connect to make the console usb’s work.

On 12/28/2021 at 12:45 PM, rick08 said:

I have a ‘19 Sierra that I added a centre console to from a ‘19 AT4 that had wireless charging and rear seat heat. I harness from the dash to the wireless charging didn’t come with the console so I’m trying to figure out if I get that harness (dash to wireless charging) will that also connect to make the console usb’s work.

Console USBs and wireless charging aren't the same harness.  It doesn't go up into the dash.  There is 1 connection where it does connect to a cable going up into the dash, and that's a mini sd plug, iirc the terminology correctly, to connect the SD card/usb/auxiliary ports that are in the armrest bin of the center console.  The harness is also kind of like a Y formation, where the bottom of the Y is a large plug the connects under the passenger seat.  One branch of the Y ends with the wireless charging and the other branch ends with the rear USB/rear seat heat buttons.   

Thanks for the reply!

the console I put in has the wireless charging and rear seat heat. It didn’t come with a harness that connected to the dash.

My jump seat had usb out the back and those work on the new console. My centre stack has the 2 usb’s and the card reader. I want to change that to just 2 usb’s and then what ever harness is required to make the connection to the the console usb, aux port and card reader. Is it possible I have the micro connector you speak of?

thanks, I appreciate your time 

21 hours ago, rick08 said:

Thanks for the reply!

the console I put in has the wireless charging and rear seat heat. It didn’t come with a harness that connected to the dash.

My jump seat had usb out the back and those work on the new console. My centre stack has the 2 usb’s and the card reader. I want to change that to just 2 usb’s and then what ever harness is required to make the connection to the the console usb, aux port and card reader. Is it possible I have the micro connector you speak of?

thanks, I appreciate your time 

I don't know if you can swap that to 2 USBs.  The harness that connects the USB/Aux in the center console is the same one that gives you wireless charging and rear heat.  To swap it you might need to modify the wire harness to accept your change.  I really don't know without looking at the actual pieces.