What do you tow with your beast? Pics and experience please....

21 hours ago, Jettech1 said:

You're absolutely right, you could go a little bigger.  BUT, consider this, ours is technically 28ft long, but from nose to tail it's 32ft long (hitch in front and ladder on the back).  Also ours weighs in at 8k lbs total.  7K on the axles and 1k on the hitch.  That might be pushing it too much for your truck so please look at weights very carefully.  Our friends tow our exact same camper with a 2018 1500 Texas edition with the max tow package.  They are right at their limit with tongue weight but still have some room as far as the weight of the camper.  I'm a hardcore believer in the 70 to 75% range when towing when it comes to weights.  If you and your wife want to step up to a larger camper that will still be doable with your truck, I would look at the 2400BH Grand Design.  The overall weight is lower then our 2800BH but is still an amazing layout that I think you both would love and your truck would probably tow it and be well within the limits.  I say "probably" kind of loosely because the main goal is to always stay in the 70% area at all times for safety and longevity of the truck too, and you won't know that until you drive onto some CAT scales for a fact.  The stickered weight on campers is not even close to real weight on the scales.  I can promise you that.  I do love your Coleman, we were looking at them but wanted something just a little bit bigger overall.  Also having the Bunk houses and a couch that pulls out makes you ready for any company that might want to join you!!!  Happy camping all....

I'm sorry for writing a book here, if you haven't already stabbed your eyes out from reading this, you can install airbags on the rear suspension of your truck to help level things out.  Just keep in mind airbags DO NOT increase any carrying weight or towing weight.  But they can be useful to help level you out...that's all.

You’re all good man. I talked to a guy at the place my wife and I bought our camper at over the weekend. I can go up to about a 26’ camper no more than about 7k in weight. I definitely want to look into a little bit bigger camper at some point. Your story time was definitely good knowledge. I and everyone else appreciates everything man. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, grandpapa20_ said:

You’re all good man. I talked to a guy at the place my wife and I bought our camper at over the weekend. I can go up to about a 26’ camper no more than about 7k in weight. I definitely want to look into a little bit bigger camper at some point. Your story time was definitely good knowledge. I and everyone else appreciates everything man. 

Thank you sir...I hope you didn't poke your eyes out....lol....I was just trying to help sir!

• Like 1

Just now, Jettech1 said:

Thank you sir...I hope you didn't poke your eyes out....lol....I was just trying to help sir!

No buddy you’re all good. No we wanted a bigger camper in the beginning but with an old Tahoe they can’t pull a lot and definitely didn’t want to go to big and ruin a new motor and new transmission in it. But like I said buddy, we all appreciate the extra help. 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, 77xbody said:

My old 33ft travel trailer and my 77 nova on my car trailer 

Screenshot_20230104_204105_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230104_203929_Gallery.jpg

Sweeeeet...who doesn't love that travel trailer and a 77 nova...You lucky guy!!!  I hope it has the 350 in it...

When I was a kid, my mother had a 77 Nova and we road tripped from MN to CA and back in that car. We blew a radiator hose in the desert coming back and a stranger took me, my sister and mom to town and insisted he bought the hose and installed it and we were back on the road. That guys good deed is still brought up from time to time. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pryme said:

When I was a kid, my mother had a 77 Nova and we road tripped from MN to CA and back in that car. We blew a radiator hose in the desert coming back and a stranger took me, my sister and mom to town and insisted he bought the hose and installed it and we were back on the road. That guys good deed is still brought up from time to time. 

That’s awesome, these days you can’t trust anyone to help. Possibilities of finding anyone to help is a 1 and 10 chance. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, jjackkrash said:

20k Riverstone.  14k flatbed with Mini-ex or Track Loader.  14k dump trailer.  Or pretty much anything I want.  

IMG_4417.thumb.jpeg.4e6c19c0d92c41941f593ad43c7c548a.jpeg

WOW!  That's impressive to say the least.  Thanks for sharing.

Picture looks a bit Bow Down (?)

maybe raise the Ball  2 or 3 or 4 inches ?

Trailer Frame should be level when towing +- to disperse the weight evenly on ALL 6 wheels

When my friend's looked like that after 200 miles on the highway his trailer front lead tires blew out  (Short Distances would not make a difference) +-

I could be wrong

2 hours ago, Cosmic Charlie said:

Picture looks a bit Bow Down (?)

maybe raise the Ball  2 or 3 or 4 inches ?

Trailer Frame should be level when towing +- to disperse the weight evenly on ALL 6 wheels

When my friend's looked like that after 200 miles on the highway his trailer front lead tires blew out  (Short Distances would not make a difference) +-

I could be wrong

I thought it looks a bit low too. That’s a sweet boat though. I remember my uncle used to have a Ski Nautique 30 years ago and we would ski behind it. I have no idea what this beast of a boat is used for though. It looks massive compared to a ski set up.