What do you tow with your beast? Pics and experience please....

6 hours ago, XY74 said:

I tow a 2013 Jayco Eagle, around 9200 lbs, or this flatbed and tractor is behind there a lot too.  Both are well below the capabilities of the truck and it handles them extremely well.  Mine has the diesel.  

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

That looks amazing and I love the camper too.  Your diesel isn't even breaking a sweat with what you are towing.  Thanks for showing us all!!  Beautiful truck by the way!!  Wow!!

Edited by Jettech1

5 hours ago, Njmurvin said:

12K lbs Arctic Fox 5th wheel using Andersen Ultimate Hitch.

Truck and trailer.jpg

Beautiful truck and camper.  That duramax doesn't even know it's behind you.  Thank you for sharing!! 

Edited by Jettech1

We tow a 2023 Lakota Bighorn horse and living quarters trailer. GVWR of the trailer is 21,000 lbs. Before this trailer, we had a 2020 SMC Laramie that was also 21K GVWR. Haven't had any sort of towing issue whatsoever - transmission and engine temps are usually right where they should be, even on hot days or pulling up a grade. Haven't take it up the Ike on I-70 in Colorado yet, but we did that a couple of years ago with a 2019 Sierra HD and the SMC and had no issues on either side of the pass. 

IMG_7638.jpeg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ShogunKC said:

We tow a 2023 Lakota Bighorn horse and living quarters trailer. GVWR of the trailer is 21,000 lbs. Before this trailer, we had a 2020 SMC Laramie that was also 21K GVWR. Haven't had any sort of towing issue whatsoever - transmission and engine temps are usually right where they should be, even on hot days or pulling up a grade. Haven't take it up the Ike on I-70 in Colorado yet, but we did that a couple of years ago with a 2019 Sierra HD and the SMC and had no issues on either side of the pass. 

IMG_7638.jpeg

I don’t think anyone is gonna take the longest total rig length from you wow

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, ShogunKC said:

IMG_7638.jpeg

Now that's a rig there!  WOW!!

2 hours ago, bones30 said:

We tow a 2019 cargomate, 36’ overall length. 9370 empty, 15k fully loaded. Trucks tows it good. I’m thinking about air bags to level out the truck. 

F5410204-72F4-49EA-BE93-2B9F4CCF457F.jpeg

Very nice!!  Just remember, airbags will not increase your GVW ratings but can help level out heavier loads.....Looks amazing!!

Edited by Jettech1

I have a lifted 2017 half ton Silverado. My 2022 Coleman camper. I know it’s not a huge camper but a 22ft camper rides real good behind my truck. Hitting some bumps on roads and highways you can’t tell the camper is behind the truck til you look in the rearview. Camper only weighs around 3200-3300 lbs empty but pulled with 1996 Chevy Tahoe before I bought the truck. Love pulling my camper with the Silverado though. Best purchase I’ve ever made. 

A479DE55-A587-4BF2-8AE2-823C1198B6AA.jpeg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, grandpapa20_ said:

I have a lifted 2017 half ton Silverado. My 2022 Coleman camper. I know it’s not a huge camper but a 22ft camper rides real good behind my truck. Hitting some bumps on roads and highways you can’t tell the camper is behind the truck til you look in the rearview. Camper only weighs around 3200-3300 lbs empty but pulled with 1996 Chevy Tahoe before I bought the truck. Love pulling my camper with the Silverado though. Best purchase I’ve ever made. 

A479DE55-A587-4BF2-8AE2-823C1198B6AA.jpeg

I absolutely love it.  We probably bought too big for just the 2 of us.  If anything in the future we would go to a smaller size like yours.  Best of all worlds with the one you have!!!  Congrats sir, I love it!!

• Like 1

Thank you. Like I said in last post, we bought camper to pull with a 1996 Tahoe that I just put a new motor in. Went all the way to table rock lake with it and camper and Tahoe just didn’t have the pulling power. Bought my Silverado and have had no issues with truck or even pulling camper. I love my truck a lot and plan on doing upgrades to it soon. The camper fits good for my wife and I but we want to go a little bigger. I know I can go up to at least a 26-28ft without squatting to bad. 

• Like 1

On 1/2/2023 at 7:40 PM, grandpapa20_ said:

Thank you. Like I said in last post, we bought camper to pull with a 1996 Tahoe that I just put a new motor in. Went all the way to table rock lake with it and camper and Tahoe just didn’t have the pulling power. Bought my Silverado and have had no issues with truck or even pulling camper. I love my truck a lot and plan on doing upgrades to it soon. The camper fits good for my wife and I but we want to go a little bigger. I know I can go up to at least a 26-28ft without squatting to bad. 

You're absolutely right, you could go a little bigger.  BUT, consider this, ours is technically 28ft long, but from nose to tail it's 32ft long (hitch in front and ladder on the back).  Also ours weighs in at 8k lbs total.  7K on the axles and 1k on the hitch.  That might be pushing it too much for your truck so please look at weights very carefully.  Our friends tow our exact same camper with a 2018 1500 Texas edition with the max tow package.  They are right at their limit with tongue weight but still have some room as far as the weight of the camper.  I'm a hardcore believer in the 70 to 75% range when towing when it comes to weights.  If you and your wife want to step up to a larger camper that will still be doable with your truck, I would look at the 2400BH Grand Design.  The overall weight is lower then our 2800BH but is still an amazing layout that I think you both would love and your truck would probably tow it and be well within the limits.  I say "probably" kind of loosely because the main goal is to always stay in the 70% area at all times for safety and longevity of the truck too, and you won't know that until you drive onto some CAT scales for a fact.  The stickered weight on campers is not even close to real weight on the scales.  I can promise you that.  I do love your Coleman, we were looking at them but wanted something just a little bit bigger overall.  Also having the Bunk houses and a couch that pulls out makes you ready for any company that might want to join you!!!  Happy camping all....

I'm sorry for writing a book here, if you haven't already stabbed your eyes out from reading this, you can install airbags on the rear suspension of your truck to help level things out.  Just keep in mind airbags DO NOT increase any carrying weight or towing weight.  But they can be useful to help level you out...that's all.

Edited by Jettech1
  • Like 1