Typical discounts on 2022 models?

Thinking about a 2022 Sierra SLT at a local dealer. MSRP is $62,610, dealer has it listed at $55,810 with all incentives and TTL, etc. included (i.e.drive out price).

Even though it's a 2022, they just received it a few days ago.

What level of discounting are you seeing on 2022 models right now in your area? I'm in the Houston, TX area. Dealer claims "Sierras and Yukons are our best sellers, we are only discounting $2-3K below this dealer price." I call BS, this is last year's model and the component (IC) supply contraint situation has markedly improved (albeit not over yet).

10 minutes ago, Chevrolet1 said:

Thinking about a 2022 Sierra SLT at a local dealer. MSRP is $62,610, dealer has it listed at $55,810 with all incentives and TTL, etc. included (i.e.drive out price).

What level of discounting are you seeing on 2022 models right now in your area? I'm in the Houston, TX area. Dealer claims "Sierras and Yukons are our best sellers, we are only discounting $2-3K below this dealer price." I call BS, this is last year's model and the component (IC) supply contraint situation has markedly improved (albeit not over yet).

You’re in the CarPro area. Check their website for preferred Dealers. There’s also a radio show on Saturdays. People save lots of money. Worth checking out. It’s actually CarPro USA

Edited by KARNUT

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2023 at 9:55 AM, KARNUT said:

You’re in the CarPro area. Check their website for preferred Dealers. There’s also a radio show on Saturdays. People save lots of money. Worth checking out. It’s actually CarPro USA

Thanks Karnut, I contacted them and they were unable to do any better than the first dealership.

• Like 1

Crazy that new 22's are still arriving! They still have more on the way.

I bought a 23 Denali a few weeks ago for 5k off.

Check out cardinal or laura if interested.

More discounts coming imo.

5 hours ago, steve8 said:

Crazy that new 22's are still arriving! They still have more on the way.

I bought a 23 Denali a few weeks ago for 5k off.

Check out cardinal or laura if interested.

More discounts coming imo.

I agree, imo if you don't have to buy right now OP, i would seriously consider holding out as values are in need of an adjustment downward. Lots that were empty all of 21 and for most of 22 are now filling back up again around me. These price increases were totally dependant on demand, demand is lowering every month now and dealers will have to go back to large rebates, even larger this time now considering they jacked msrp's up for no reason, other then they could, because of once again demand was insane.

On 2/4/2023 at 10:46 AM, Chevrolet1 said:

What level of discounting are you seeing on 2022 models right now in your area? I'm in the Houston, TX area. 

If you are finding that right now and all the advertised discounts apply to you (read the fine print on them, you don't always get them unless you qualify) then that's a good deal at the moment.

Dealer I bought from (small/midsize store) currently has guaranteed $2000-$3000 off right now on Silverado.  If you qualify for educator, GM employee, first aid/first responder, lease loyatly or GM loyalty.  

Many dealers will throw those on the website to show a super low price but you get there, and you only are good for $500 educator say on top of the $3000 they are guaranteeing to everyone.  

The days of $10,000+off are gone still for now, so don't hold your breath.  

Edited by newdude
  • Like 1

Keep in mind trade value too.  I've been looking for a bit and got a quote from a dealer an hour away for $5500 off MSRP 2023 Silverado LTZ (GM incentives accounted for $1000 of the $5500).  So that was pretty respectable.  Their trade however was abysmal (compared to some other dealers) and they wouldn't budge on it.  Had another dealer a couple hours away with same vehicle for $3300 off MSRP but a trade of $4000 higher so in the end it is actually a better deal.  

I agree with the comments on increasing dealer inventory in the upcoming months will bring prices more down to earth but I think the used car market will continue to take a hit and trades will go down further too.  

I've yet to see inventory increases in my area (Minneapolis area). No deals either.

The Chevy dealer by me always has only 10-15 trucks. That's it . 

Been that way two years now.

When I bought my 2018s they had over 500 trucks on the lot.

Edited by dieselfan1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/15/2023 at 4:05 PM, outrag1 said:

Keep in mind trade value too.  I've been looking for a bit and got a quote from a dealer an hour away for $5500 off MSRP 2023 Silverado LTZ (GM incentives accounted for $1000 of the $5500).  So that was pretty respectable.  Their trade however was abysmal (compared to some other dealers) and they wouldn't budge on it.  Had another dealer a couple hours away with same vehicle for $3300 off MSRP but a trade of $4000 higher so in the end it is actually a better deal.  

I agree with the comments on increasing dealer inventory in the upcoming months will bring prices more down to earth but I think the used car market will continue to take a hit and trades will go down further too.  

I had the exact same situation. One dealer offered $6k off MSRP but lowballed my trade below “poor condition” KBB value and wouldn’t budge. Another dealer an hour away had a slightly better spec truck and I got $3,500 off MSRP plus $4,000 higher on my trade than the first dealer.

Ultimately I’m happy I got the better spec anyway— leather interior vs. cloth at the first dealer.

Here’s my new glacier blue RST:

367410B1-806D-49A7-AF5A-BEA40CD5AF33.jpeg

• Like 3

On 3/12/2023 at 7:15 PM, GOMD said:

Purchased a 2023 Sierra Elevation Friday, stickered at $58k, got it for $50k +ttl. Northeast Ohio

That's probably one of the better deals i have seen on here in some time, and that is not a top end model either, so good find.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2023 at 10:58 AM, Franko07 said:

what are some of yalls favorite sites to find these? i use cars.com or carguru but i dont think its a good pull on either

I use the inventory search on either the Chevy or GMC website. I like being able to search by my must have options, which you can't really do on any of those outside sites.