Here's a great video with the new 10 speed behind the gasser towing a 15k fifth wheel. I'm impressed!

Just now, Jettech1 said:

79K...now let us all sink that into our minds....holy hell...that is like way more than the average middle class income....these prices are insane but yet they are flying off the shelves....is there a total mass amount of people out there that were stashing cash for HD trucks?  Or am I just just the poor piss boy that grew up in mooseass maine that feels lucky to be to a part of the middle class?

Brother I have no idea... I grew up lower middle class and for the life of me I can't figure out how people afford things these days. 

I felt dirty as hell getting my truck for 54k, but we thankfully only had to finance a small portion of the truck for a year. I see people in town in $80k+ trucks and I know where they work and what they make... no way in hell they can afford that truck!

• Like 1

Worth noting when Ford starting offering 10 year notes on new vehicles years ago, people starting flocking to new vehicles and other manufacturers hopped on that wagon.

Carmax thrives on "what do you want to pay per month" as opposed to "what price vehicle fits your budget."

1 minute ago, the8rotor said:

Brother I have no idea... I grew up lower middle class and for the life of me I can't figure out how people afford things these days. 

I felt dirty as hell getting my truck for 54k, but we thankfully only had to finance a small portion of the truck for a year. I see people in town in $80k+ trucks and I know where they work and what they make... no way in hell they can afford that truck!

I don't get it.  We got ours for 53500 and put down 25k on it...and the monthly payment is still sky high...we took advantage of the 2.9 for 60 months last August...I'm like holy crap...I need to start one of those pages to where I can put my feet pics and make millions....lol...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jettech1 said:

I don't get it.  We got ours for 53500 and put down 25k on it...and the monthly payment is still sky high...we took advantage of the 2.9 for 60 months last August...I'm like holy crap...I need to start one of those pages to where I can put my feet pics and make millions....lol...

Yeah and rates this year are double last year and people are still buying!

1 minute ago, the8rotor said:

Yeah and rates this year are double last year and people are still buying!

There's a lot of money out there...for some it's a mystery to be had... But I'm still going to try the feet pic thing...They might be old feet but I think there might be a market out there for them...LMAO!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Jettech1 said:

There's a lot of money out there...for some it's a mystery to be had... But I'm still going to try the feet pic thing...They might be old feet but I think there might be a market out there for them...LMAO!!!!!!

I'm convinced from years of traveling the country for work, most have debt up to their eyes. You are right, a lot of money out there but most are living a lie.

You need to put your insta and OF handle as a decal on your truck. Get that foot money you're after 🤣

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, the8rotor said:

I'm convinced from years of traveling the country for work, most have debt up to their eyes. You are right, a lot of money out there but most are living a lie.

You need to put your insta and OF handle as a decal on your truck. Get that foot money you're after 🤣

The only decal I have on my truck is on my back window...It's a masonic decal

There is tremendous wealth in the hands of the baby boomer generation. Lots of inherited wealth as well. Many of those folks time is up and those nest eggs are trickling down now. Some of those eggs get traded in for new trucks. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Pryme said:

There is tremendous wealth in the hands of the baby boomer generation. Lots of inherited wealth as well. Many of those folks time is up and those nest eggs are trickling down now. Some of those eggs get traded in for new trucks. 

Most new vehicles are with the 20-40 age group around me. That is what is so puzzling.

I shouldn't be knocking anyone though as what should I really care. Do as you please with your $$. 

• Like 1

On 5/13/2023 at 8:33 AM, the8rotor said:

Most new vehicles are with the 20-40 age group around me. That is what is so puzzling.

I shouldn't be knocking anyone though as what should I really care. Do as you please with your $$. 

I have to admit when I wrote the check for the 2024 I was like what the heck am I doing trading off a 23 i've had for six months!  And on top of it I had 0% from GM on the 23!  I kind of took a bath on the trade but this is the pickup I wanted for two years.  I'm 46 and I grew up pretty humble.  Have worked my tail off for 20+ years.  Went many years just getting by with what I had. Ten years ago would never ever considered a pickup like this.  I always got the LS, LT, SLE trims till I got the 2015 SLT.  The older I get I realize life is short and if you work hard you need to reward yourself everyone once in a while or what's the point.  My 16 year old son thought I was nuts trading the 23 off but he said whatever you want to do, you deserve it.  Kind of made the decision for me.  Financially it's dumb but I love vehicles and I plan on keeping this one a while.  But I agree it's crazy how many people finance huge chunks of these vehicles now days.  I was very fortunate I could pay mine off as GM's rate for HD's is around 6% right now!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Doodle said:

I have to admit when I wrote the check for the 2024 I was like what the heck am I doing trading off a 23 i've had for six months!  And on top of it I had 0% from GM on the 23!  I kind of took a bath on the trade but this is the pickup I wanted for two years.  I'm 46 and I grew up pretty humble.  Have worked my tail off for 20+ years.  Went many years just getting by with what I had. Ten years ago would never ever considered a pickup like this.  I always got the LS, LT, SLE trims till I got the 2015 SLT.  The older I get I realize life is short and if you work hard you need to reward yourself everyone once in a while or what's the point.  My 16 year old son thought I was nuts trading the 23 off but he said whatever you want to do, you deserve it.  Kind of made the decision for me.  Financially it's dumb but I love vehicles and I plan on keeping this one a while.  But I agree it's crazy how many people finance huge chunks of these vehicles now days.  I was very fortunate I could pay mine off as GM's rate for HD's is around 6% right now!

I love this.....Now that I've known so many people over the years when I first started working for Delta at the ripe old age of 20, and now I'm 56, that have dropped off the radar at a younger age than me, that are dropping like flies.  Saddens me so much.  Enjoy life while you can.  We only have 1.  So treat everyone kindly, and enjoy it all the best you can.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jettech1 said:

I love this.....Now that I've known so many people over the years when I first started working for Delta at the ripe old age of 20, and now I'm 56, that have dropped off the radar at a younger age than me, that are dropping like flies.  Saddens me so much.  Enjoy life while you can.  We only have 1.  So treat everyone kindly, and enjoy it all the best you can.  

Couldn't agree more.  We both grew up at a time when you put in long hours and sacrifice to get ahead.  Seems like that mentality is slowing fading.  If there is one piece of advice I tell my kids and young adults is don't get discouraged about life. Turn off social media and especially the news. There are a "ton" of opportunities out there if you are willing to hustle.  Don't let people tell you there isn't.  Those are just the ones that either never took a chance or are just mad about where they are at in life.  It's not easy by any means but if you work hard, treat people with respect, and conduct business with the highest integrity, you will win almost everytime.  I'm living proof.  Off my soap box now.  Lol.  

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Couldn't agree more.  We both grew up at a time when you put in long hours and sacrifice to get ahead.  Seems like that mentality is slowing fading.  If there is one piece of advice I tell my kids and young adults is don't get discouraged about life. Turn off social media and especially the news. There are a "ton" of opportunities out there if you are willing to hustle.  Don't let people tell you there isn't.  Those are just the ones that either never took a chance or are just mad about where they are at in life.  It's not easy by any means but if you work hard, treat people with respect, and conduct business with the highest integrity, you will win almost everytime.  I'm living proof.  Off my soap box now.  Lol.  

You are absolutely right.  I grew up quite poor and knew I didn't want to live that life that my parents were living.  It's not like I felt like I was better than them, I just knew I didn't want to hear fights about money or struggle everyday.  So I left and headed to Boston to tech school....took out several student loans and paid them all back within a year of being employed...best decision I ever made.  Worked at gas stations at night while going to tech school at day, actually guarded the Budweiser Clydesdales in Nashua NH for the last 6 months of my schooling....lol...  Worked my ass off, got very little sleep, graduated at the top of my class from working my ass off so hard....it payed off.  But that work was hard as hell, and I don't see this younger generation willing to work that hard.  They had everything given to them.  Why should they?

Edited by Jettech1
  • Like 1

On 5/12/2023 at 10:51 PM, the8rotor said:

Great video and makes me happy with the 10 speed. Also makes me miss that style center console and gauge cluster. The digital stuff is cool, but worried about it long-term. 

I understand where you're coming from, but those guages all use stepper motors which also have a life expectancy. Give me a mechanical gauge any day but the mechanical I'm referring to are 100% mechanical. No matter what we get nowadays is overfull of computer chips and technology..  your grandmothers stove and refrigerator would last 50 years and it wasn't the controls that would fail first. 

I guess this tech keeps people buying too. I now try and keep the vehicles close to warranty just for the reason you stated

• Like 2

On 5/19/2023 at 7:39 PM, Doodle said:

obviously the dashes and such are improved in the 2024, but are the seats the same?