2024 Turn Signals Not Working Properly at Times

On 1/18/2024 at 4:47 PM, BowtieOwner said:

Well here we are almost 3 weeks after my last trip to the dealer to fix the camera issues, and I was just informed today that the camera module is back ordered. This issue, combined with the fact that my wireless Apple CarPlay won't connect the majority of the time I start the truck, is starting to make me question GM's commitment to quality. These SW issues should have never made it into the field.  

Got a call late last week saying the module had come in. So I took it in today to get replaced...and then the dealer called an hour and a half later to tell me that GM put the wrong module in the box. Turns out the box it came in had the correct part number, but the module had a wrong part number and won't work. So they ordered another one, hopefully that one doesn't take 4 weeks to come in as well. This will be attempt number four to fix the failed camera module, smh.

Edited by BowtieOwner

I have a 2024 3500 silverado and my turn signal lights have gone out several times now.  When I shut the truck off and restart they usually reset and work fine for a few days. But I bought this truck to pull my trailer and so far every time I'm pulling the lights start acting up. No turn signals and now I've noticed the brake lights don't always work. This is dangerous!!  My husband and I own 8 different trailers and it seem the lights aren't working on any of the trailers when we pull with the 2024 Chevy. But my husbands ford truck works just fine, the brakes and turn signal lights work just fine. My son has a dodge and also helps us pull sometimes.. lights work fine on the dodge as well. 

On 1/30/2024 at 4:06 PM, BowtieOwner said:

Got a call late last week saying the module had come in. So I took it in today to get replaced...and then the dealer called an hour and a half later to tell me that GM put the wrong module in the box. Turns out the box it came in had the correct part number, but the module had a wrong part number and won't work. So they ordered another one, hopefully that one doesn't take 4 weeks to come in as well. This will be attempt number four to fix the failed camera module, smh.

Ended up getting a call after a few days that the new module made it in, much faster turnaround this time. Took my truck in on Wednesday and the new module fixed the missing camera guidelines and grayed out camera options. 

• 1 month later...

I have a 2024 Silverado LTZ 6.2L as soon as I plug in my 7way the trailer diag screen comes on to check and it states the left and right turn signal inop, it goes through its process they blink fast but after a few minutes they work fine. I called my dealer and they seemed noy interested into looking at the issue. A farmer friend of mine who has several new trucks and generally they need to fix there own trucks right!! said its a resistor issue need to add a light bulb into my system on my trailer.... Says the new trucks have an issue picking up LED bulbs, but isn't that what's in every dam trailer and car now a day? has anyone else had this issue? if so please let me know what the fix is cause GM seems to not know. I can send a video or pics if needed.

15 hours ago, KenP2024 said:

I have a 2024 Silverado LTZ 6.2L as soon as I plug in my 7way the trailer diag screen comes on to check and it states the left and right turn signal inop, it goes through its process they blink fast but after a few minutes they work fine. I called my dealer and they seemed noy interested into looking at the issue. A farmer friend of mine who has several new trucks and generally they need to fix there own trucks right!! said its a resistor issue need to add a light bulb into my system on my trailer.... Says the new trucks have an issue picking up LED bulbs, but isn't that what's in every dam trailer and car now a day? has anyone else had this issue? if so please let me know what the fix is cause GM seems to not know. I can send a video or pics if needed.

Mine frequently does this and I chalk it up to the system recognizing the trailer, not really an issue for me as its only about a 2 second delay.  You could try checking the ground on your trailer.  Does it start working on its own while parked or after you've started driving?

I had the Passenger side light assembly changed under warranty due to internal shorts . Signal would fail. Halo would not flash or change when it was acting up.  Been fine ever since... Very expensive part glad it was still under bumper to bumper.

I just got a failed inspection for my NEW 2022 1500 LTZ  - Mirror lights not working.
my 1ast inspection after having the truck for a year and it gets a big fat reject sticker
I have NEVER seen these lights work , How did the dealer give me a sticker when I purchased it if they dont work?
Now I get to take ANOTHER day off and go sit at the dealership...... Starting to feel sorry for being loyal to Chevy
Truck has three thousand seven hundred eighty eight miles It has been back to the dealership five times.

It's about ready to turn it to a Toyota

• 4 weeks later...

My 2024 GMC HD AEVtruck has been at the dealership for the last 3 weeks. I had the left rear blinker not working, but only when the headlights were on. The Field Engineer has been out on 2 separate occasions. Replaced headlights, taillights and BCM. Checked all connections and grounds. 
I’m beyond frustrated to be without my $105k truck with no idea if/when I’ll get it back. “They’ve never seen this before”, even though I sent them this link. 
I’ll keep you posted. 

19 hours ago, Dan Draheim said:

My 2024 GMC HD AEVtruck has been at the dealership for the last 3 weeks. I had the left rear blinker not working, but only when the headlights were on. The Field Engineer has been out on 2 separate occasions. Replaced headlights, taillights and BCM. Checked all connections and grounds. 
I’m beyond frustrated to be without my $105k truck with no idea if/when I’ll get it back. “They’ve never seen this before”, even though I sent them this link. 
I’ll keep you posted. 

Sorry to hear about the trouble.  I was recently at my local dealer and the number of sold 24s parked on the side of the lot "waiting for parts" was appalling.  I don't know if GM had a bad batch of parts, or assembly problems, but in my years of owning them, I have never seen such a widespread set of problems on brand new trucks.