1000 bucks to blow

I’d recommend the  Russell 2000. 

But it if you’re set on blowing it, put some lights on it.  They actually do something for you.  I would not be without them.   How many deer do people hit a night in KY?

3FF91A80-3DC3-4B68-8263-A4F1B0F6CBCD.thumb.jpeg.f21c11b6ecd5abd79552dbbaf819213e.jpeg
A ton. I've hit several. I'm considering some more lighting for the front end. I don't like the projector headlights all that well, especially on hilly back roads. There's basically a straight line across, anything below that line is lit up, anything above is dark. I like to see everything that I can In front of me. I have been looking at some brackets that mount between the hood and windshield but I'm not sure in how the pods only will do for added light.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Buy the long tube headers in the for sale section and do the muffler delete mod.  You can always add the Mangaflow muffler that folks are using if you want different sound after the muffler delete and still may be under $1K.  
I keep eyeing the headers so if you get them, I can't.  [emoji4]

Good luck with your choice! 

-S
I'd like to have headers, but i think I'm going to wait getting that involved with it. I read somewhere that the truck had to be tuned after a header install. I can't post or reply in the for sale section yet anyways. [emoji20] Not enough posts. I'll get there one day. Buy em and let me know how you like em.

Personally a Black bear tune is the best money I've spent so far, but if a tune is out of the question I'd recommend Corsa sport exhaust. I have the 6.2 so I'm not sure if it would be a good comparison or not ( assuming you have the 5.3). I can get you sound clip if interested. Ill add that after installing headers and catless y pipe it is very loud! I'm looking to add a muffler to quiet it down a bit. Also I did the MIT tube from airaid with a drop in K&N filter, and the stock air box mod. 

To me, the best upgrades are the ones YOU discover you need from using/driving the truck.  My advice: save your money until that time comes, you can paypal me the money and I'll keep it safe for ya until that time arrives LOL. The modification bug will nickel and dime you to death, but If you really need to burn a hole in the pocket, upgrade lights and get a tune.  I'm in southern WV, good lighting is everything here at night, I am frequently in Kentucky as well and the same has held true in my experience there.  Don't let the warranty keep you from a tune either.  I had the same thoughts until I got tired of dealing with the AFM and some clunky shifts, tuned it around 15k miles and fell in love, best mod I have done to it hands down.  Have been through a warranty claim and an insurance claim at the dealer and have never had any issues with it being tuned.  I didn't go all out, just went with the diablo sport and modified the canned tune a little to my liking.    

To me, the best upgrades are the ones YOU discover you need from using/driving the truck.  My advice: save your money until that time comes, you can paypal me the money and I'll keep it safe for ya until that time arrives LOL. The modification bug will nickel and dime you to death, but If you really need to burn a hole in the pocket, upgrade lights and get a tune.  I'm in southern WV, good lighting is everything here at night, I am frequently in Kentucky as well and the same has held true in my experience there.  Don't let the warranty keep you from a tune either.  I had the same thoughts until I got tired of dealing with the AFM and some clunky shifts, tuned it around 15k miles and fell in love, best mod I have done to it hands down.  Have been through a warranty claim and an insurance claim at the dealer and have never had any issues with it being tuned.  I didn't go all out, just went with the diablo sport and modified the canned tune a little to my liking.    
I agree with the lighting. I am debating on a cab mount 50" curved light bar BUT I think some are just tacky looking, and 2nd the only mounts I'm seeing are made to where you have to drill into the body. I absolutely don't like the sound of that. I cut 2 holes In my rear bumper but that's different than drilling into the cab or door Jambs. I drive a lot of back roads and my lights don't do very good imo on hilly curvy roads. What lighting upgrades have you done?
Will a tune get rid of the clunky shifts? It's not real bad but it does it enough to where I notice it. I just thought that I was still getting used to the truck. I've only had it for about 2 months.

I agree with the lighting. I am debating on a cab mount 50" curved light bar BUT I think some are just tacky looking, and 2nd the only mounts I'm seeing are made to where you have to drill into the body. I absolutely don't like the sound of that. I cut 2 holes In my rear bumper but that's different than drilling into the cab or door Jambs. I drive a lot of back roads and my lights don't do very good imo on hilly curvy roads. What lighting upgrades have you done?
Will a tune get rid of the clunky shifts? It's not real bad but it does it enough to where I notice it. I just thought that I was still getting used to the truck. I've only had it for about 2 months.

Have you considered mounting a 30-32" light bar behind your grille? Still functional and really hard for others to steal! I can't remember what the max size is that will fit behind it, but there was a member making custom mounts for them to add to the crossbars back in there.

As soon as you turn off the AFM, the clunks will be all but gone in my experience. I almost got one that was designed to only turn that off (hyper tech maybe was the brand?), but decided to go with the diablo to change shift points and program the speedo for larger tires as well as a few other options. Can always get a custom tune down the road from diablew if you don't like the canned ones.

I've toyed with light bars and ended up swapping my headlights out with the 2016 led assemblies. That made a world of difference, and is the extent of my light upgrades.

Fuel mileage was kind of a deciding factor on mine. My previous truck was costing me roughly 25 dollars a day to drive to and from work. I'm in the process of comparing fuel mileage from 85 to premium. I'm running 3 tanks of each to have a decent average across the board. But I don't think I'll loose much if any mpgs by disabling the afm (according to what ive read) If I lose some no biggie, still be better than my previous truck. But yes I agree, there should be an option to disable from the truck its self. There's a few things on my truck id like to disable.

I agree with the discovery method. Your married to her now so live with her for awhile and learn her personality. Yea, they all have one.  No matter how much you like them there's always something you wish was a bit different. Might take awhile to discover it  but it is worth the wait. Wait, are we are talking about wives or trucks? Sorry. Lost my place. 

Fuel mileage was kind of a deciding factor on mine. My previous truck was costing me roughly 25 dollars a day to drive to and from work. I'm in the process of comparing fuel mileage from 85 to premium. I'm running 3 tanks of each to have a decent average across the board. But I don't think I'll loose much if any mpgs by disabling the afm (according to what ive read) If I lose some no biggie, still be better than my previous truck. But yes I agree, there should be an option to disable from the truck its self. There's a few things on my truck id like to disable.

I'm 0.3 mpg better combined fuel economy with AFM turned off lol. Have one tripometer set from the beginning of time, and the other I set when I tuned it off. Granted that's not too scientific, and the original trip also includes all driving with the tune; but the new trip is still better overall instead of worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived