2002 Silverado Fuel Pump Relay Location

mlkmgr

On an 02, there may also be a panel on the driver side of the dash that is exposed when the driver's door is open. But the panel under the hood is more likely to have the relay and a fuse for the circuit.

i swear i looked under the hood 4 times in that fuse panel and did not see it. went back and checked again and low and behold the fuel pump relay is right in my face!!

do i need to prime the new pump or do anything out of the ordinary after replacing the pump. i am doing the fuel filter and pressure regulator as well. thanks again for the replies!

i installed the pump and the thing doesn't pump. i can hear it whirl but have zero pressure at the fuel rail. any reason there would not be fuel getting to the fuel rail?

i had a friend run a scan with his scantool and he got all kinds of sensor codes. MAP, EVAP, Purge, etc. all below voltage. however the battery was way low from having the dome light on all day. i am currently slow charging the battery now and will disconnect the batt to reset all codes.

just over a fourth of a tank. is that enough? have about 5-6 gallons sitting in gas cans we siphoned off initially when i first started.

i was considering dropping the tank and then found this forum and realized how much easier it would be to lift the bed. should i add the remaining to the truck?

how do i determine i have the right fuel pump? i know there are codes, but i also looked at online vendors to verify. they list w or w/o robust fuel system, w or w/o evap emissions, etc.

there is a code TCF on the top with two harness connectors, but other than that i am not sure how to determine what pump i have. thanks again...

i followed the how-to posted on this site. i did not even think of taking pictures as the process went along. waiting on bro-in law to pick up new pump. bed still off at the moment. pretty straight forward tho.

remove tail gate--no tools required.

disconnect 3 bolts (6.5 mm) securing filler neck--remove gas cap

remove 8 bolts (18mm) securing bed to frame

disconnect tail lights at the rear of the frame

lift bed off truck frame. only two of us needed but YMMV

remove electrical connectors to pump

remove fuel lines from pump

remove retaining ring from around pump

lift pump out allowing gas to slowly drain back into tank

place new pump into openning

reverse removal instructions and done

plan on 1-2 hours. faster if you have impact gun.

i followed the how-to posted on this site. i did not even think of taking pictures as the process went along. waiting on bro-in law to pick up new pump. bed still off at the moment. pretty straight forward tho.

remove tail gate--no tools required.

disconnect 3 bolts (6.5 mm) securing filler neck--remove gas cap

remove 8 bolts (18mm) securing bed to frame

disconnect tail lights at the rear of the frame

lift bed off truck frame. only two of us needed but YMMV

remove electrical connectors to pump

remove fuel lines from pump

remove retaining ring from around pump

lift pump out allowing gas to slowly drain back into tank

place new pump into openning

reverse removal instructions and done

plan on 1-2 hours. faster if you have impact gun.

I did forget about that write up from MountaineerTom. It covers everything pretty well. Picks up are different since you can lift the bed.

Here's MountaineerTom's write up.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/resources/how-to/...d-sending-unit/

Here's another post dealing with truck beds:

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?...amp;mode=linear

Archived