Looking At A Colorado/canyon. Difference?

Been looking at the colorado for awhile now. 04-06 range. Any difference between the years i just listed?

I 100% want the z71 package. But i cant find a z71 Canyon. do they only offer more of a base model truck?

2. what is the biggest tire i put on the truck? my state law says i have to stay under the fender, which leads to question 3

3. iv looked and cant find after market fender flares so i CAn get wider tires.unless it just looks stupid then i wont.

hopeing to get one in the 10k range. i will most likely be getting a crew cab unless a deal comes around with an ext cab that is to good to pass up

Oh yeah I am a big Coli fan and if it was not for the upgrade on the toy hauler I would still have her :lol: .

1. Colis come in Z71 package Canyons come with a "Off Road" sticker on the bed that you can identify it as a Z71.

2. With a simple torsion bar crank or key swap you can fit 32x11.5x15 on her and be in the fender well.

3. Great little trucks with the I5 and even now you can get them with the 5.3L :uhoh:

Here are some picture of mine. It had 73,000 miles on it in these pictures and felt like it just came off the showroom floor. Full Rancho 9000 suspension with the RCX in cab adjustable kit. I had a simple Torsion Bar key lift in the front and Bubbalo's rear shackles for a complete 2" lift with 32x11.50x15 BFG All-Terrains. This truck took us everywhere from Glamis to Pismo to the Oregon Dunes with a 7x16 ft trailer and 4 quads. Wish I still had it! Here is a great site for the little 355 series trucks!

http://coloradofans.com/

Stock 2005 Coli at Pismo Beach

DSCF0424.jpg

After mods

DSCF1093.jpg

DSCF1092.jpg

DSCF1091.jpg

DSCF1089.jpg

DSCF1082.jpg

DSCF1079.jpg

DSCF1081.jpg

thanks! this is exactly the pictures i was looking for im getting the same tires too....now just want to know if there is a difference between the 04,05 and 06 mode

what exactly does that system do that you have mounted in the truck for front and rear?

Oh yeah I am a big Coli fan and if it was not for the upgrade on the toy hauler I would still have her :fume: .

1. Colis come in Z71 package Canyons come with a "Off Road" sticker on the bed that you can identify it as a Z71.

2. With a simple torsion bar crank or key swap you can fit 32x11.5x15 on her and be in the fender well.

3. Great little trucks with the I5 and even now you can get them with the 5.3L :thumbs:

Here are some picture of mine. It had 73,000 miles on it in these pictures and felt like it just came off the showroom floor. Full Rancho 9000 suspension with the RCX in cab adjustable kit. I had a simple Torsion Bar key lift in the front and Bubbalo's rear shackles for a complete 2" lift with 32x11.50x15 BFG All-Terrains. This truck took us everywhere from Glamis to Pismo to the Oregon Dunes with a 7x16 ft trailer and 4 quads. Wish I still had it! Here is a great site for the little 355 series trucks!

http://coloradofans.com/

Stock 2005 Coli at Pismo Beach

DSCF0424.jpg

After mods

DSCF1093.jpg

DSCF1092.jpg

DSCF1091.jpg

DSCF1089.jpg

DSCF1082.jpg

DSCF1079.jpg

DSCF1081.jpg

not much difference...newer the better lol as the output and capacity numbers seem to climb every year....my buddy has an 08 and its pretty much the same layout and crap as the gen 1 colorados.....get the I-5 for sure, the I-4 is quite a terd and the 5.3 is going to cost you more in fuel then its worth having in a quarter ton truck...

ill be getting the i5. would love the v8 but id have to go newer and i cant swing it. thats for your reply.

i went to the GMC dealer and sat in a 09 canyon. wow that thing has tons of room

i just hope it goes good in snow lol

not much difference...newer the better lol as the output and capacity numbers seem to climb every year....my buddy has an 08 and its pretty much the same layout and crap as the gen 1 colorados.....get the I-5 for sure, the I-4 is quite a terd and the 5.3 is going to cost you more in fuel then its worth having in a quarter ton truck...

ill be getting the i5. would love the v8 but id have to go newer and i cant swing it. thats for your reply.

i went to the GMC dealer and sat in a 09 canyon. wow that thing has tons of room

i just hope it goes good in snow lol

the I-5 is a beast, should be fine in the snow...i live in the midwest filled with shit balls cold winters with alot of snow and i've only seen one colorado in a ditch(guy decided it would be a great idea to try to pass in a snow storm on a hill)

The Colorado was my first GM truck... bought a new 05' back in 04' when I saw them on the road. It was a good little truck and not bad on gas. Traded it in on my old 05' Silverado with less than 6k miles on it.

none of them get anything to brag about, 4 bang is 22 highway and 18ish city with an automatic...5 banger is mildly worse but thats the price you pay for an inline

• 4 months later...

Hey guys, I drive a Ford Explorer Sport trac currently. . . .and looking to get something new. Originally I was pricing the Silverado 1500s. . . but am just not to sure I want or need that big of a truck. I am now looking at another crew cab compact and considering the Toyota Tacoma and the Colorado. Any regrets, feedback or advice with regards to your Colorado? Do they have rear seat AC vents (I can't find that answer anywhere). Thanks

Hey guys, I drive a Ford Explorer Sport trac currently. . . .and looking to get something new. Originally I was pricing the Silverado 1500s. . . but am just not to sure I want or need that big of a truck. I am now looking at another crew cab compact and considering the Toyota Tacoma and the Colorado. Any regrets, feedback or advice with regards to your Colorado? Do they have rear seat AC vents (I can't find that answer anywhere). Thanks

i'm unsure of the rear a/c vents i know the extended cabs do not...they are solid trucks and the warranty drops bombs on toyota's joke of a warranty

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 2010 Colorado.

I'm gonna write a review some day.

But for now - here is my overall thoughts.

This truck seems to be designed in the late 1990's. That's an impression. It's a solid truck. Quality control if fine. But it seems to be lacking on some things that are standard in the Toyota's and Nissan's. The interior colors are aweful - just plain black. And every speck of dust shows up. I guess some people do like black - as they wouldn't make it if people didn't want it.

I have the Trailering Package and the 4 cylinder - and truck goes as fast as I ever want to. I also have 4WD and that works fine. 4 cylinder, 5 cylinder or V8 - that's a personal choice.

It's a good little truck - just missing some of the refinements of other brands.

When I bought our 2007 for my wife it was because a GM mechanic friend of mine told me to go 2007 or newer. This is because he feels the 3.7 is a better engine than the 3.5 and thst gm did somechanges to make the 3.7 better. My wife and I just drove from Calgary, Alberta to Mesa and got about 28 miles to the gallon.

Last year I drove my Duramax down here and this year the Colorado got us here for half the price of the diesel. I would not trade my diesel for the colorado but it is a great little truck and fun to drive.

Yes, they are great trucks. I put 89,000 miles on my 04 with then 3.5 5cyl. I loved it, but I needed a little more power when towing my toys. I did the same t-bar crank/shackle lift as the first responder. I loved it and beat the piss out of it daily. I mean look what I did to her within the first 3 hours of ownership...

BRAND NEW!

album_pic.jpg

album2_pic.jpg

album3_pic.jpg

splash-1.jpg

bottomedout-1.jpg

And....back home after a fun day!

album_pic2-1.jpg

Ripped out a fog light and the front plate off. It was a dealer plate so I didn't care. We left the area and went to lunch. On our way back I stopped at the local boat shop and got my Surf Fishing tag!

Archived