6.2L (L9H) Owners - Get all your questions answered here

Have a shock question for all of us with a L9H/NHT package. I have the regular 4x4, so no Z71. 67K on it. Wondering what you guys have done for shock upgrades (no lift no leveling). Fox? Bilstein? Very interested in what the ride was like after the change from stock/factory shocks.

I installed Bilstein 5100 in the rear today. Purchased at www.shockwarehouse.com (great price, free shipping!). New shocks fit perfect. 21mm socket and wrench was all I needed. took about 30 mins to do both. Quick drive was all i needed to notice a great improvement. Much more settled and crisp response. Damping is spot on. Very happy. Will be doing the front next!

The LS9 cam provides noteworthy gains in mid to upper RPMs but loses low end torque. You would do better to have a custom cam or proven shelf grind VVT cam for your truck.

http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gmt-900-trucks-general-discussion-188/installed-ls9-cam-escalade-537183/

http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gmt-900-trucks-general-discussion-188/ls9-cam-results-dang-490303/

After reading some of this thread, I am concerned that my 6.2L may not have the stock power that it is suppose to. I guess a Dyno is my only option to find out for sure, or is there another method.

Anyone know a good dyno shop around Montgomery, Alabama?

Ethanol absolutely sucks as a fuel, unless the engine was built specifically to run ONLY ethanol (high compression helps). It has less bang per gallon, so you'll use more of it - ALOT more of it than pure gasoline. Here in MA we can't even get that ... :nonod:

Ethanol absolutely sucks as a fuel, unless the engine was built specifically to run ONLY ethanol (high compression helps). It has less bang per gallon, so you'll use more of it - ALOT more of it than pure gasoline. Here in MA we can't even get that ... :nonod:

So can you tell a power difference when running E85? I have a 2013 boat and it specifically says not to run Ethanol. Small engines are the same way. Therefore I a station has both, I don't run it in my truck either.

Edited by rutwad

You'll lose quite a bit of power, on top of the poor mileage. My truck is set up for E85, but I'll never put that crap in my tank.

The stations around this state rip us off diluting the regular fuel enough as it is - I've read alcohol levels on my scan tool well OVER 20% in regular gasoline, when it's posted at the pump to be no more than 10%! This is outright THEFT, and yet you don't hear a peep about it. Most people in this state wouldn't know what a spare tire looks like, let alone how to operate a scan tool. Sad reality of this part of the country. Most probably wouldn't even care if they knew the truth. :banghead:

The reason I checked that day was because my mileage sucked, and the truck clearly lost a substantial amount of torque. I was expecting some pending codes for some type of sensor failure. No wonder ... and that was only at 23% or so!

This is the main reason I have a job! I clean carburetors, flush tanks, and replace fuel lines all day long on motorcycles, weedwackers, chainsaws, lawn tractors, & push mowers. The stuff is constantly causing problems for people. It's got so bad that lots of equipment has gone back to adjustable carburetors (they hide the screws sometimes though), to keep them from burning up.

What's our government doing about this? Pushing for E15 .... :nonod:

Edited by Jsdirt

• 3 weeks later...

I remember the spacers on the old throttle-body injected engines didn't do crap. Actually, they made them lose power. Don't know why people still bought them ...

I'd imagine the same is true for these new ones, although there's no fuel going through the spacer like the old ones, so maybe that changes things ...

I'm sure somebody on here has tried one and can post better info than I.