What did you do with your truck/shop today

SarahsGMC

Don't blame you one bit for looking at foreign brands. I just bought my first foreign car last year ('93 Volvo 940 sedan). It's amazing how right from the factory, they used copper/nickel alloy on ALL the brake lines front to back, and to and from the ABS unit. It's got a simple 4-cylinder engine that's non-interference - so if you lose the timing belt, just retime, rebelt, and go on your way! Rear wheel drive - built like a tank. Love the thing. Easy to work on too. About the only gripe I have with it is it's only got 114HP on a good day.

I'll learn to live with the lack of power in exchange for a reliable, well designed, easy to work on vehicle.

Gotta go dig more rust out of my eyes now from that damned S10 ...

Don't blame you one bit for looking at foreign brands. I just bought my first foreign car last year ('93 Volvo 940 sedan). It's amazing how right from the factory, they used copper/nickel alloy on ALL the brake lines front to back, and to and from the ABS unit. It's got a simple 4-cylinder engine that's non-interference - so if you lose the timing belt, just retime, rebelt, and go on your way! Rear wheel drive - built like a tank. Love the thing. Easy to work on too. About the only gripe I have with it is it's only got 114HP on a good day.

I'll learn to live with the lack of power in exchange for a reliable, well designed, easy to work on vehicle.

Gotta go dig more rust out of my eyes now from that damned S10 ...

Wife Corolla was very solidly built. Not very pretty inside, but had quality where it counted. My old Mazda had that plus style and substance and fun. Wife's new Mazda piled on. The Mazda 3 is small and would be a big departure, but this model has literally never been ranked less than 1st in fun to drive in the US. My boys will miss the rear seat dvd system, but That will pass once they play on their tablets a few times.

I drove my buddy's wife's Mazda 6 up here to do a brake job while they were at work. WOW was that thing FUN to drive!! Hauls ass! Stopped just as fast as it accelerated once I put the new pads and rotors on. Had to BEAT those rotors before they came off though ... but man, one hell of a car there!

Why is an S10 plowing snow in the first place?

Truck and plow was free.

Edited by Jsdirt

I drove my buddy's wife's Mazda 6 up here to do a brake job while they were at work. WOW was that thing FUN to drive!! Hauls ass! Stopped just as fast as it accelerated once I put the new pads and rotors on. Had to BEAT those rotors before they came off though ... but man, one hell of a car there!

Truck and plow was free.

What year? The new ones don't have a V6 anymore. One reason I haven't bought one. My 09 had the 3.7L Ford engine, need some time to "forget" the power.

What year? The new ones don't have a V6 anymore. One reason I haven't bought one. My 09 had the 3.7L Ford engine, need some time to "forget" the power.

This one definitely had a 6 - I had to remove part of the upper intake to change the rear 3 plugs. It's between a '08 - '10, maybe '11 - can't remember. I'll have to shoot my buddy a text and refresh my memory ...

Nice. Yeah he said their Mazda is a '10 - like 274 HP - no wonder it hauled ass!

Too bad they went full treehugger on that model in '14, like you were saying (he said same thing). Now 180 HP 4-cylinder is all you get now, I guess.

After 14 days of rain. I finally got it all cleaned up. Gave it a nice bath, rain-x the windows and started waxing it. Got the roof done and the hood, will work on the rest tomorrow if the weather holds out. I like being able to wax and not sweat my butt off.

• Like 1

Lol. They offered me 11,500 trade in.

He said that is all they are going for in the area. I said goodbye. Checked autotrader, all the 07s LTZ with 10k of my mileage, within 300 miles range, are going for 17,500-19,500 at dealers, save for one at 17k. And mine is probably in better condition.

I saw one for 12000 at a dealer....with 101k MORE(229k vs 128k) miles than mine.

Ah well. My guess? Guy probably thinks I have a income issue(only money related conversation was I was looking for a trade value)looking at a low priced newer car, and this is a MB/Porsche dealer so that turned their interest off to a deal.

What Suprised me was they dug through their caller ID to get my phone number from 3 hours earlier to put on the deal sheet. I didn't give it to them. And, they confused my first name for my last name and my middle name for my first name on it. :lol:

Edited by SnakeEyes