What did you do with your truck/shop today

SarahsGMC

All over. Talking Diesel fuel.
Trend seems to be Diesel spikes on Monday, Gas spikes on Friday.

They use every excuse in the book to put it to us ... :banghead:

Edited by Jsdirt

I'd like to see where the hell they're going to put one of those on some of these econoboxes today. You can hardly even fit a wrench in half of them! Also looks like that system will leave a lot of residual oil in the system, a-la Harley Davidson ... but probably even worse.

Future of oil changes

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/10/09/castrol-nexcel-oil-change/

I'd like to see where the hell they're going to put one of those on some of these econoboxes today. You can hardly even fit a wrench in half of them! Also looks like that system will leave a lot of residual oil in the system, a-la Harley Davidson ... but probably even worse.

Depends. If it's a dry-sump based system the tank/filter unit (guessing that's what it is) should contain the bulk of the oil. It's not like a drain and fill today gets everything anyhow.

That's what it sounds like - hub bearings. Noise will change when you load whatever side while cornering.

Hate those things. The tapered rollers in our '86 Grand Marquis last forever, especially with synthetic grease. I can go double the recommended service interval without an issue. Well over 120k on them now. My Silverado hub bearings only made it to 70k.

That's what it sounds like - hub bearings. Noise will change when you load whatever side while cornering.

Hate those things. The tapered rollers in our '86 Grand Marquis last forever, especially with synthetic grease. I can go double the recommended service interval without an issue. Well over 120k on them now. My Silverado hub bearings only made it to 70k.

Weird, my 02 went like 340k before I replaced them. Didn't even need replacing I just did it because I was installing a new lift kit

You got a Monday truck. :)

That, and your roads down there are 5,000% better than up here. With all the tax money they extort from us in MA, our streets should be paved with gold ... but that's nowhere near the case, unfortunately. As usual, We the People get to pay for it in the form of auto repairs. Crap quality suspension / steering components don't last very long up here. I got 38k miles out of my lower ball joints.

Coincidently, was just talking with my dad a few hours ago - he went to get a sticker, and his '09 2500HD now needs lower ball joints at 81k miles.

You got a Monday truck. :)

That, and your roads down there are 5,000% better than up here. With all the tax money they extort from us in MA, our streets should be paved with gold ... but that's nowhere near the case, unfortunately. As usual, We the People get to pay for it in the form of auto repairs. Crap quality suspension / steering components don't last very long up here. I got 38k miles out of my lower ball joints.

Coincidently, was just talking with my dad a few hours ago - he went to get a sticker, and his '09 2500HD now needs lower ball joints at 81k miles.

You are correct about that. Our DOT takes very good care of our roads

This place loves to pave and repave all the roads in and around Boston ... but us poor peasants out west here are left to rot.

Guy was trying to sell be a DPMS .223/5.56 he had there for $550 to go with it. :lol:

Then a silencer. He specializes in them. :lol:

Great prices but I've spent enough for a while. But nice .308 for under $1000 caught my eye.

Edited by SnakeEyes
  • Like 1