Scan Tool to read Air Bag DTC???

I have a 2005 Suburban. Have had the "service air bag" light come on and off over the last 12 months. I have done some reading and it appears the bag will not deploy with that fault code displayed. It sounds like the senor may be bad. I have a code reader but it does not read air bag faults. I think I need a scan tool. They seem pretty expensive looking at them online. I called Auto Zone and they have the same basic code reader I do.

What is the cheapest way to get the code read? Does anyone have advice on a scan tool that I could hook to my laptop that might read this code? I've seen a few for about $50 that comes with a cable and software. The senors are $107 each... if that is even the problem.

Thanks,

Daryl

There are dozens of things that can set the airbag light from the sensors (there are three of those) to a loose connection. You need to search for a scan tool or software that can do more than OBDII codes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for looking at my question. I need advice on reading the air bag fault code. A normal code reader won't offer the codes.

My real question was is there a cheap scan tool on the market to read the fault? I have a laptop I could use. I've seen a few that have a cable that hook a laptop but will these read the correct codes for an air bag fault.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• 10 months later...

Archived