Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4
That is awesome! I'd really like to know how to do this. Looks really good man.

I had it done. Spent only $100. There are write-ups on silveradoss.com.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/69672-the-official-led-how-to-guide/

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

Edited by chawkins6789

If I ever had to part ways with my truck, I would more than likely come back to another 00-02.

Seeing one in a good and clean state out on the road is always a highlight. Lately I've seen quite a few around I can't help but stare and admire.

With some decent coin these things could be amazing, think about an OEM+ concept of staying as original as possible while improving on a few things here and there. This is basically the long term plan with mine.

Yep agreed. And of the run 03 is the nicest. Full function driver information center that tapered back in 05, carpeted tops on the door panels that are 03 only, glovebox light, dl3s that have puddle lamps etc. The newer they got the cheaper they got. By 06 the entire door panel was just plastic like a w/t regardless of trim level.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 4

E fans are simple to add on to any gmt800 in the 03 up variation. I have yet to see an 06 with carpeted panels.... even the loaded trucks. And after 03 beyond the e fans the newer trucks got nothing else worth mentioning. The return style fuel system on 03 is nice too... I guess half tons got bigger front brakes in 05... because they went to rear drums. I don't buy half tons so in that respect I don't care. The light duty 2500 and 1500hd are light duty enough. And quite frankly the 06 and 07 classics pcm are a pain in the ass to do anything with... like with adding an x link as an example.

Edited by Notamember

I'll still take the 00-02, the body style is worth it alone. I simply can't get over the square and sharp front ends of the following years. But it must be said that this truck will hopefully soon just become a "toy" of sorts, in that it will only be driven when I want to and not when I have to.

carpeted tops on the door panels that are 03 only, glovebox light, dl3s that have puddle lamps etc.

And I have all of these features as well on my '00.

The only thing I'm really screwed on is the fact that it's a 3 door.

And I can add efans any day to my already stout cooling system (34" rad) that was overhauled this summer.

Meh. Seats, digital climate control, better sound system, steering wheel audio controls and whatnot of the 03 up is a lot nicer. The Gmcs didn't change much so look wise they are alright. 99-02 chevs do look a little better up until they did the hood revision and grill swap in 05 on the hds and 06 on the half tons. That and the additional pressure sensor on the a/c on the 03 up allows proper fan control you can't do on 99-02.

Edited by Notamember

I really like the split grille. I like the HD style cowl hood on my truck. But I like the lower hood too, this used to be my friend's truck(2004).

7FBD8764-25E9-4FBE-B850-9E39D6F8B3DF-925

I really do like the auto AC as the fan doesn't kick in hard until the AC/heater is going good. I hardly ever have to touch it unless I'm turning on the defrosts.

I like simplicity, what can I say. I don't see a need for steering wheel and ac controls beyond what I currently have. I'll leave those features to my next dd/family mover.

This truck is probably going to be the last machine in my possession that is this simple, and I happen to enjoy that.

And that's a nice looking truck, kstruckcountry!

Edited by white1500

I felt that way about the steering wheel controls until I installed them. Holy hell I dont know how I managed without them

Sent from my Samsung GS4 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

I felt that way about the steering wheel controls until I installed them. Holy hell I dont know how I managed without them. Also dual zone manual climate. I can bake a fart on the passenger sode while staying cool on the driver's side