5.3 torque gains?

bmcgowen

black bear tune? and thanks! How do you like that Callaway?

I love it. Had it a year in March, just under 8,000 miles on the odometer. It's my daily driver, but work is close and that's about all I do. Is your hood functional ram air? I think I've seen it both ways.

For low end torque I would suggest this:

thanksgivingresize.jpg

As for a nice mean lope at idle, I just pull a plug wire off :driving:

no my hood isn't, i've got tinted plexiglass in it, with a stock intake and no performance mods there isn't much use for it to be functional i don't want birds flying in it haha

i"ve looked at whipple superchargers and edlebrock, but dont have 6 g to drop :nonod:

oh! I want too, then get a black widow air brushed into the center of it, but instead of an hour glass on it, i want to get a skull with fangs in the place of the hour glass

• 11 months later...

I recently added long tube headers (1 3/4in primaries) with the full exhaust back and a custom diablosport tune. It made a huge difference in the usuable power range. Doesn't down shift into 4/5 when going up hills that it used to, she stays right in 6th gear. Also I'm running 295/30/26 tires so that says a good bit there. It's a 33in tire. I'm looking into the FASTechnologies LSXRT long tube intake mani.

Well you have LT headers so you're off to the right start, you're set up for a cam. I would call thunder racing, change over to yellow ls6 springs, higher stall torque and Get a good tune! That will get you some decent power to the ground.

I recently added long tube headers (1 3/4in primaries) with the full exhaust back and a custom diablosport tune. It made a huge difference in the usuable power range. Doesn't down shift into 4/5 when going up hills that it used to, she stays right in 6th gear. Also I'm running 295/30/26 tires so that says a good bit there. It's a 33in tire. I'm looking into the FASTechnologies LSXRT long tube intake mani.

That Intake is a waste unless you're making big power going 1/4 mile at a time...

Archived